Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

IS IT NORMAL FOR A D3 TO DROP OVERNIGHT 10MM A NIGHT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Parallax33

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

What’s that easy access option? Never seen that one, but may be a logical reason for this drop...
 Justin

Discovery 4 MY14 XXV Causeway Grey
RRS MY12 Autobiography
Discovery 4 MY12 GS
Nanocom, Cruise Control, Cubby Fridge, TomTom SatNav, Xenons, BlackVue 

Post #197267110th Aug 2018 12:36 pm
discoverybrazil

Brazil 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Keswick GreenDiscovery 3

M3DPO wrote:
Once it has levelled it should not drop again, if it drops further and then stops at the same height you may have a leaking airbag (which will only get worse), try leaving it parked in off road height, if it then drops to the same height you have a leaking airbag.
Air bags can leak on the fold of the bag, when they lower a little this can seal the leak and they don’t drop any further, this usually occurs on cars 10 old and over.
Washing up liquid in a squirting container is the best way to find a leak.

thank you indeed brother!
i will test tonight turn off the fuse to stop block valves if it drop all night maibe i have a leak right? if not drop maibe is normal cause block valve make it to level. ill make washing squiring test also!
thanks so much!
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197269010th Aug 2018 1:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discoverybrazil

Skynet wrote:
Check if you have easy access enabled via the menu on the dash, if so the car will drop to that level before 'sleeping' so that it is lower for entry.

Personally due to the cost of airbags I wouldn't replace one with a minor leak until it became major.

please how i can set this easy access on dash?
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197269410th Aug 2018 1:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Parallax33 wrote:
What’s that easy access option? Never seen that one, but may be a logical reason for this drop...

On a D3, it's one of the options available on the dash menu along with wing mirrors dropping when reverse selected. Not with car at the mo so can't recall others.

With key in Pos II, press the button at end of left hand stalk that selects the 'i' options and you will see various set-ups. When the car is running the same button selects between MPG/miles to empty/Av. speed/trip mileage..... etc
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #197269710th Aug 2018 2:04 pm
discoverybrazil

great! i know about mirror adjustment and lock doors etc... i´ll try see it today!
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197270010th Aug 2018 2:21 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

discoverybrazil wrote:
M3DPO wrote:
Once it has levelled it should not drop again, if it drops further and then stops at the same height you may have a leaking airbag (which will only get worse), try leaving it parked in off road height, if it then drops to the same height you have a leaking airbag.
Air bags can leak on the fold of the bag, when they lower a little this can seal the leak and they don’t drop any further, this usually occurs on cars 10 old and over.

thank you indeed brother!
i will test tonight turn off the fuse to stop block valves if it drop all night maibe i have a leak right? if not drop maibe is normal cause block valve make it to level. ill make washing squiring test also!
thanks so much!

Thumbs Up If it self levels because it is on uneven ground it will be in 10mm steps, if the system has been put in tight tolerance mode it will be in 1mm steps. If you have not got a leak it will only self level once, but if you have a leak depending where it is it will keep self levelling until it is on the bump stops if left long enough. Taking the fuses out is a good start. Tight tolerance mode is for maintenance purposes only and not for general use and can only be accessed with a diagnostics tool.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #197270410th Aug 2018 2:42 pm
discoverybrazil

GREAT REPLY! ILL CHECK IT, I LISTEM REAR BLOCK VALVE AIR WHEN I CLOSE DOORS AFTER PARK... SO ITS DROP A LITTLE AFTER 4 OR 5 DAYS BUT LITTLE
THANKS A LOT!
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197272710th Aug 2018 4:05 pm
discoverybrazil

Armylee wrote:
Cheers it all drops equally by 10mm every night and drops level

IF DROP 10MM EACH NIGHT ITS NORMAL?
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197273210th Aug 2018 4:25 pm
discoverybrazil

rrhool wrote:
No. Shouldn't drop at all over night.

I dont see any drop on mine, even if left for 2 weeks.

please just tell me you ever changed some air bags ? you know time life (years or km) this item using on road normal mode only ?
thank you !
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197275710th Aug 2018 6:23 pm
Johnny Oxford

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

mine drops by at least that every night yes and after 4 days is down on the stops if not used for that long.

I have looked into it, changed a few suspension valves etc - but now I have got used to it - it occasionally has a divvy and throws a yellow or red suspension fault (the very common venting gallery fault) - which is solved every time by switching the ignition off and back on.

If I fixed every fault on a 12 year old vehicle I would be broke, literally - some things you can just learn to live with.

Lets face it as soon as you start the car it lifts again, it only happens when its not in use - think of it as having a lie down when its tired Smile
 2014 D4 HSE Facelift Corris Grey

Previous :

Discovery Sport SE (awful)
56 plate D3 HSE TDV6 Zermatt Silver
Defender 90 200tdi 

Post #197279510th Aug 2018 8:00 pm
discoverybrazil

mine is exactly like this... but the compressor is good when start is fast upper!
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197280410th Aug 2018 8:27 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

if you leave a leak the compressor could have to work overtime and burn out...then you have two problems

Post #197282710th Aug 2018 9:44 pm
discoverybrazil

M3DPO wrote:

Yeah! I did made a test with washing squiring then I got it! My front left side have a little little leak! Now I ll check how Incan fix it here in Brazil have a renew bag or I ll try get one from Europe!

Thanks so much every body!

By the way I did check my dash settings to find “access mode” but I don’t see it PLEASE someone can tell me what’s “LAZY ENTRY” option??? Was on I changed to off
 LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197285911th Aug 2018 12:43 am
discoverybrazil

LR3 ON ROAD ONLY  
Post #197286011th Aug 2018 12:50 am
Armylee

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Found leak thanks blue pipe in compressed pulled it out and back in job done

Post #197287611th Aug 2018 6:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >