Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Nokia N73
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Pelyma

England 

The RRS boys have been going on about the 95, I would wait but my phone doesn't have any keys, a hole in the screen and big tooth marks in the case so I need a phone now. Trying to get the deal on O2 business with 2 phones, but the shops tell me that as I am not a Ltd company, nor VAT registered I am not a business Evil or Very Mad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1179649th Jan 2007 6:29 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The N93 is fantastic for Video, Ask Dunkster about the quality of the DVD I sent him recently (NO! Not THAT kind of DVD!)

I have the 1Gb card & will do plenty of video (although not as much as DiscoStu!!!!)
Only problem is Blackberry connect doesn't work with it yet, so use the E61 during the week and the N93 for the weekend.

Not sure about the PTI with it though, but Ken will let us know no doubt. E61 worked fine when I had a test drive for a long weekend.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #1180689th Jan 2007 10:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Pelyma wrote:
Trying to get the deal on O2 business with 2 phones, but the shops tell me that as I am not a Ltd company, nor VAT registered I am not a business Evil or Very Mad

Vodafone don't seem that fussy. I'm on their business user scheme and they did that simply on the basis of my monthly spend. As it happens I do have a VAT registered limited company, but this info was never offered to Vodafone so they must just like me Very Happy
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #1180829th Jan 2007 11:02 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I always find if you're switching provider and have a reasonable spend (£100+/month) then most phone places will give you a very good deal!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #1180849th Jan 2007 11:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Bodsy it is the Blackberry bit I'm interested in, but I'm going round in circles with answers that it does or doesn't have blackberry. Nokia say we don't think so, but the N70 and 71 does. O2 say it does but sometimes they say even the E50 doesn't. Some websites say the N phones don't but the E phones do Evil or Very Mad I want a Nokia phone that has this facility, speaks to my car on BT and would prefer to have a good camera as need to copy clients' passports as part of my work so having it all in one package would be great.

Post #1180899th Jan 2007 11:13 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I've spoken to both blackberry and Nokia about it.

BB say "depends on if nokia update the software" !!!! Twisted Evil
Nokia say that they are working on it, but have not date for it. It uses the same symbian S60 software, so there is no reason why it won't work, other than nokia updating the driver.

My E61 BBconnect software downloads and installs to the N93, but it's not right for the N93 & won't actually run.

Once I get the N93 working on BB, I'll ditch the e61 as the N93 battery seems very very good even with videoing and BT connection.

There's a nokia business website
http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/blackberry_downloads.php

It's worth checking that regularly.

the Camera is fantastic for what it is, included OPTICAL zoom which makes it Ok for about 50% zoom, any more and it starts to uses digital zoom & you lose a lot of quality.

On a slightly Off Topic note, what the hell do you do that requires you to copy passports! Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #1181139th Jan 2007 11:32 pm
Pelyma

England 

Bodsy thanks for that info. Does that mean you could add BB at a later date? I'm getting in a real muddle with this. I want to be able to look at emails from the phone, as I understand it the BB route pushes the messages straight onto the phone; the other systems rely on you requesting to see any emails? Is this latter route any good?

My job, I could tell you but I'd have to kill you! Wink No I'm an IFA and I have to have documentary evidence that a client is who they say they are. To do this I visit them at home and take a copy of a passport or driving license. It is easiest to do this by taking a photo of it, so to have it all in one would be ideal.

Post #11824110th Jan 2007 9:10 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Dad's gone through two N73's in as many weeks - utterly unstable, he's now on an Esomething but will probably move away from Nokia (after many years) to a Sony Ericsson...
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #11824210th Jan 2007 9:11 am
Pelyma

England 

Big Cry Don't do that to me. I have read a lot of forums and reliability seems to be an issue with most phones to some extent

Post #11824410th Jan 2007 9:22 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

You only need to look at this forum to get an idea that every product has some faults ... Smile

As for mine, N73 records great, 3.2Mp camera, good battery, BT seems fine with my Nokia carkit & had used a Parrot kit for a bit in other cars.

Push e-mail is always best IMO because otherwise you have to keep connecting yourself when you want to fetch your e-mails. Yahoo have a pop3 enabler to do this if you prefer that route.
Personally, I'm holding out for the N73 to get BBConnect. My e61 btw is pretty damned good as well including battery life, just doesn't have a camera.

I've got some telecomms connections with the European Nokia development guys, so I'll see if I can get a more concrete answer on it.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #11825910th Jan 2007 10:11 am
fisherman

Wales 

I have an N73 and use it in my PTI enabled D3. The phone has had a crash on a couple of occasions but all seems to come back after a restart. I dont use any kind of kit to hold/charge the phone, and just leave it in my pocket when driving. I have spent some time recording my contacts to the voice activated phone book Evil or Very Mad so I don't have to get the phone out to dial. Having said that it would possibly be quicker to pull over and dial manually. The voice activation is extremely irritating at times and just refuses to accept my commands. The goolies in a clamp method works best. I did enable push e-mail but found it quite expensive and almost impossible to read with my eyesight. The camera (which is what I needed for work) is excellent. I bought the phone because my eyes are giving up and thought the large(ish) screen would allow me to use bigger font sizes, but it doesn't! I also wanted the video call function to chat to the Mrs when I was out working but it won't work, I've had the software flashed again but to no avail. All in all I should have stuck with a simple phone and bought a camera.
Such is life eh guys! Confused
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #12402025th Jan 2007 10:17 pm
SN

Ken was flashing his N93 around on Tuesday night - a swish piece of kit indeed!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #12403025th Jan 2007 10:54 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Ken! You copycat.... Wink

It' does some pretty good video on there & photo's.
Got confirmation that the N93 Will NOT have blackberry connect enabled. Only the e-series have. Shame as it woul dbe a great combo product.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #12412826th Jan 2007 1:56 am
White Disco

Australia 

Have you looked at the Nokia 9500? Does everything incl. connect to BB, printer (hp) & every BT object I've tried. Bit of a brick but I run my life through it, just about.
One problem when it froze up, but this was due to high Electro Mag Rad. field I had walked through or worked in.
Cheers,
David.
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #12413126th Jan 2007 2:28 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I looked at the 9300 and 9500, but as you say, a bit of a brick for carrying discretely... Smile
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #12413826th Jan 2007 8:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >