DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

My New second hand Disco 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jdea

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
My New second hand Disco 3

Hi,
I am a first time Land Rover Disco 3 owner. I have purchased a 2005 model which I have owned for a sum total of 2 days. I purchased it form Sydney and drove it the 16 hours back to Central Queensland. About 6 hours into the trip home I pull over for a camp. I was awoken by a red light flashing on the dash. When I turned on the ignition, an error popped up saying something about HDC Fault System not available….To fix it (not permanently I dare say) I got out of the car and lock it then unlocked it and got back in(Sounds like windows 95) all good. I blamed the issue on my wife pressing the HDC button on the center console while sleeping.

About 14 hours into the trip we pop in the see the in-laws and show them our flash new car…. That’s went the second error appeared: Suspension Fault… It wouldn’t clear no matter how may time I rebooted the car. Now I’m feeling real good about buying a Disco. Big Cry

I see looking through the forum there is a fix for my problem.
The burning question I have is: what other problems do I need to address before the warranty runs out? What version of firmware should I be running

Post #2667872nd Mar 2008 11:26 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome!.

Did you leave the key in the ignition whilst you 'camped' Question I think this can drain the battery.

The symptoms you mention are consistant with low voltage. Not sure about the suspension though.

Post #2667892nd Mar 2008 11:57 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Check to log book and make sure the updates have been done.
Does sound like low voltage, if your battery is not in top condition sleeping overnight can bring up all sorts of faults.
Get to a dealer and get them to check the fault codes. That may answer the issue.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #2668462nd Mar 2008 5:16 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Re: My New second hand Disco 3

jdea wrote:
....... I blamed the issue on my wife pressing the HDC button on the center console while sleeping.....

...this conjures up all sorts of thoughts about pressing the right buttons whilst "asleep"

sorry Jdea if I lowered the tone.....hope you get it fixed
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #2668482nd Mar 2008 5:22 pm
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Welcome to the forum Jdea. Thumbs Up

I wouldn't worry too much afterall, you've bought your self Australia's Best All Terrain car (australiasbestcars.com.au) for 2005, 2006 & 2007. Australa's 4X4 mag this month, also confirms that LR have sorted the reliability issues with the D3 and has a great wrtite up when comparing the D3 with the new Landcruiser LC200. Mr. Green Very Happy

Your problem is easily fixed with a software update and may also be partly attributed to low battery power as others have stated. I'm wondering however why the updates weren't done on the vehicle during it's life thus far? How many Km's has it travelled? As far as other known probs go, you need to find yourself a good LR dealer and they will sort out the other known niggles. No doubt someone from your neck of the woods will be along shortly to offer advice on dealers in your area...

Good luck..
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #2669202nd Mar 2008 9:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jdea

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for the feed back guys it is muchly appreciated!
I think the 13-14 hour trip back to QLD was the most work that this vehicle has done in a long time. It has about 53000 km on the clock and everything was working fine when I picked it up.
I did leave the keys in the ignition so that would explain my first issue.
I live about 200 Km away form my nearest dealer. I knew that before I stated this process.
I think the Discovery 3 is worth it!

Post #2673703rd Mar 2008 7:43 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

jdea wrote:
I did leave the keys in the ignition so that would explain my first issue.

Whistle

That would explain it. With key in car s still awake and would be drawing a fair amount of power.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #2675594th Mar 2008 12:52 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >