Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

New owner, lots of questions.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Disco neil

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
New owner, lots of questions.

Hello everyone. Names neil and I bought our discovery last week. It’s a discovery 4 xs on a 12plate. Bought it from a car dealer friend and got it for an absolute steal. It’s got around 70,000 on the clock and full Land Rover service. 1 lady owner from new. Pretty new to this Land Rover lark so don’t really know much about them.

Plenty of questions to ask and hope you guys may be able to help. I’m not one for leaving things standard so can’t wait to make her my own and modify her a bit.

1. The sat nav screen. It’s got Harman Kardon but how can I tell what set up i have? Or are there not different models? It doesn’t seem to have digital tv which is like.

2. What’s the difference between usb and iPod in the centre console? They both connect to the stereo don’t they?

3.is it easy to fit a heated steering wheel and is a factory style install possible?

4.can I get it plugged into a machine and have options turned on (say for instance for options an hse has)? Any that are worth having?

5.what mods should I look at doing that are pretty simple to do? My plan is to do the front light facelift soon. The rear lights got changed today.

6. What extras does an hse have over an xs?

Want to add rear view camera and monitors in the rear headrests eventually.

Hopefully I haven’t bored you guys too much

Cheers
Neil

Post #19215613rd Mar 2018 12:55 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

First off welcome
There are lots of things that can be turned on and activated with an IID tool, they can be purchased or there are members on here who travel round and can do the work.
Geoff is one in Kent and there is also Bodsy both off this forum,
TV can be retro fitted but it is a lot of work and expensive and at the end of the day the signal is not always that good.
Rear head rest screens, there are loads of different options available and most if not all are far superior to the genuine LR ones
Heated steering wheel can be done easily, depends on the year and if it has a heated steering wheel clock spring fitted or if you need to fit that as well as the steering wheel. Do a search I believe there are loads of write ups for doing this
Make sure the belts have been done or are done at the correct time and take out a good quality warranty just in case something major like the crank lets go, again do a search on this
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #19215693rd Mar 2018 2:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Warranty Direct have been really good with my MY10 HSE.

Have a search on here for other members’ experience with them and other companies. Not everyone sings their praises, but I have recouped between £1k - £2k over the cost of the warranty with repairs carried out, so am well ahead.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #19216513rd Mar 2018 11:30 am
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Not 100% sure about the USB/iPod difference, as the facelift model (yours) upgraded some of this stuff.

But a special iPod cable (look on Amazon) allows me to access playlists, songs etc. from the touchscreen. Ive never tried the USB port for music, although it’s useful for charging phones etc.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #19216523rd Mar 2018 11:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >