Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

From New Defender to New Discovery in Rio, tomorrow!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mmuller

Brazil 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3
From New Defender to New Discovery in Rio, tomorrow!

Hello folks,

Not really my first post, but I am new here anyway and have been enjoying and learning a lot browsing through the forum for the last weeks.

Tomorrow we will take delivery of our new TDV6 HSE, Galway Green. Kinda excited about it, of course! Very Happy It won't have all the "gadgets" on it as they have not all arrived but, at least some will be already there (RAI, lamp guards and body side mouldings). Will have to wait for the A-frame, winch and underbody protection. I am in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, so a few of the items have to come from overseas as they do not have them in stock.

My wife and I are planning to use the new toy basically for travelling, Brazil is such a big country and there are many, many nice places to visit. We have many plans: driving all the way along the brazilian coastline on the beaches or using coastal ways, crossing the Amazon rainforest, and also visiting places in other countries, like the Atacama desert in Chile, or Ushuaia in Argentina or even Machu Picchu in Peru. We will start travelling to some places nearby Rio tomorrow after getting the car! Razz

We already own a 09 Defender since last October, but... will no longer keep it. At first we thought about doing those things with it but it failed us twice already, with only 4.000 and 5.000 km. Confused The known loss of power issue. The car is at the dealer for more than a month now, they have already replaced a fuel admission valve when the problem first appeared, and they are now changing the whole turbo. We tried to reject the car, LR Brazil has denied it so law suit will probably have to follow... Censored Problem is, keeping the story short as this is not Defend2.net LOL, we have lost confidence in the car. Neutral How can we go into some remote areas with the car leaving us stranded by the road side like it has done twice? This coupled with some safety issues and comfort made us opt for the D3, so here we are.

I have read about problems with new Disco 3s, air suspension failures, etc... Makes me scratch my head but I hope we have better luck with this car. Rolling Eyes Fingers crossed!

By the way, will change the avatar as soon as I have a pic from the car... Wink
 Marcelo M�ller
Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE 2009 Galway Green
Defender 110 CSW 2009 Galway Green

Post #44378325th Mar 2009 2:59 am
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Sounds fantastic Marcelo! and welcome to the world of Mr. Green

Well done for keeping your brand loyalty with LR after the trouble you have had.
I'm sure you have made the right choice.

Hope you get it all sorted in the end.

Have fun with your new toy and post some pictures of your travels. We all love to be made to feel jealous on here! Laughing

Post #44379025th Mar 2009 7:26 am
Ollram

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

lets see your new..toy!!!! Razz

Post #44406525th Mar 2009 5:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The O.C.

Brazil 

Marcelo

I own a D3 here in England and so far very happy.

There is a possibility that I move back to Brazil and actually have some very interesting plans for events/ trips as you mentioned, so lets keep in touch!

Good luck with the new D3.

Augusto
 The O.C.  
Post #44411325th Mar 2009 6:19 pm
mmuller

Hi there!

Here are a few pics from the new toy! Just got the car today!

38km showing.

Marcelo M�ller

Post #44443226th Mar 2009 6:06 am
mmuller

Thanks for the welcome folks.
Will try to post some pics more tomorrow ollram. Wink

Well DiscoDad, we did consider other cars, not that we had a lot of options, the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado was one of them, for example. But in the end, the Disco 3 with terrain response and air suspension was clearly superior to all others. I have to confess I wanted to avoid LR but the competition had nothing close to it, at least not here in Brazil. But we are very optimistic about the car Razz

Oi Augusto. Nice to know you have similar plans, there are not too many D3 here being used that way. Would be nice to get some company or even to plan or share infos on those trips. Keep in touch!

Now about the first impressions with the car.
First one is wow!
Second one: wow!
The car is really something. I am eager to test it off the tarmac. We will do something tomorrow, as we will continue the trip tomorrow. The car did not even see it's new garage yet, maybe only in a couple of days, lol.

Coming from a Defender, the difference is really, huge! You go through every bump in the road like they were not even there. It almost takes the fun out of it. Almost... 8)
 Marcelo M�ller

Post #44443526th Mar 2009 6:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >