DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

New car battery required - Petrol V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
conanius

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
New car battery required - Petrol V8

Hi All,

The battery in my Discovery 3 has just decided it would be a great idea to die. Assistance has just popped out and confirmed it was however the original battery from early 2004, so that is pretty impressive really.

I'm looking at replacements, and whilst I'll call Land Rover tomorrow and see if they have anything available to get then, I've seen the Bosch Silver 5 year guarantee batteries that are available through ECP.

Just curious if anyone has given these a go, and whether they are a better bet than the standard battery - My car is the HSE spec, so heated screens/windows/seats/dual zone climate/etc and according to the Bosch Silver sales propaganda information it seems to suggest these are a better option. Any thoughts?

(as a side note, I've currently got the car idling on the drive after the assistance team said leaving it idle it *might* start tomorrow, with slightly more possibility if I quickly nip it up and down the dual carriageway... I'm sure I read somewhere that putting the alternator under more load (turning everything on like lights etc) helped to charge the battery better... true or false?)

Post #12473244th Mar 2014 9:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >