Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

My (Nearly) New D4 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mack1979

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
My (Nearly) New D4 HSE

After many YEARS of lurking on this site...picked up Sat. This is the missus' car. Keeping the Jag (XFS). Quite cool 2 rather different cars with basically the same engine both on 20's side-by-side.

Got to get some pics, but waiting to clean the Jag to take them side-by-side first.

Picked up sat - D4 HSE MY11 with extended roof rails, 20" alloys, side-steps, DRLs, tracker(!)

Excellent service from James at Lancaster Reading (after buying the Jag from Lancaster Amersham and being impressed stuck with them).

Couple of questions:
Mats are an optional extra? Really?
Can't find settings for timed climate and a few other things. Am I missing something? I'm sure from my years of lurking that I should have rather more options under the Vehicle Settings screen (only has the Valet option, nothing else).
SatNav instructions don't appear on drivers info panel. Again, am I missing something. Sure I've seen them there, same as in the Jag.
Can't seem to alter the volume for the satnav instructions and they're too quiet. Surely there's a way to alter that.

Edit: Just noticed apparently been a member of this site since December 2008 - taken me a while, but I got there!

Last edited by mack1979 on 23rd Jul 2012 11:07 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #95795523rd Jul 2012 10:34 am
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

screen access/info changes depending on
engine on
engine off
ignition on

try messing about

I recall for timed climate ..all off just press to turn screen on then should find it (it shows but cant enter time at other situations)

mats are only an option for those without bargaining skills

no sat nav on driver display
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #95796323rd Jul 2012 10:58 am
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #95796523rd Jul 2012 11:02 am
WOODY179

United Kingdom 
Re: My (Nearly) New D4 HSE

Mats are an option
Timed climate for the 2011 model was an option, but not too expensive to have it enabled as an option on the screen, a bit more cost involved if you wish to be able to remotely activate the timed climate - IIRC when I had mine activated and the remote parts fitted it cost less than £200.
To turn the sat nav volume up, wait for an anouncement and then using the volume control you can turn this up.
Thumbs Up

Post #95799323rd Jul 2012 12:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mack1979

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks guys!

Wish I'd noticed it didn't have mats. Oops. Well, its back in to have the DRL's fitted as they ran out of time before I picked the car up. I'll ask politely.

SatNav - I'll try to turn the volume up when she's speaking. Thanks!

Park heating - usual clash of responses. I thought it was standard and you paid extra for the remote. I'll try turning the screen on from engine off as suggested.

SatNav not on driver's display - surprised. It shows on a picture in the brochure and there's a huge gap in the middle of the screen for it. Ah well.

Post #95800623rd Jul 2012 1:05 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

I think the clash of responses are due to the fact that Timed remote control is now standard on the 2012 model, but on my 2011 HSE it was a factory option - a lot cheaper to have it enabled later even if you wanted the remote option.

Post #95800923rd Jul 2012 1:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

On MY2011 the SatNav is not on driver's display in spite of it appearing in the brochure, it does appear there on MY2012 though. Get in touch with Wiggs or Pete Bell to have your timed climate switched on, I think Wiggs was selling the gubbins also to make it remote operated.
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #95802423rd Jul 2012 1:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >