Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

NC 500 POLICE PURGE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
NC 500 POLICE PURGE

BBC Scotland report police had a purge at the weekend on bad driving.....about time too

Post #206859615th Jul 2019 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Life is a living Hell on the NC500.

This is no exaggeration, every day we get varying displays of bad driving in an assortment of vehicles ranging from gangs of motorcyclist to convoys of open topped cars to assorted camper vans. Most aren’t concentrating on the road, they are looking at the scenery.

A real corker yesterday, I was following a big Mercedes saloon car, the road positioning was all over the place, normally the big give away, but the piece de la resistance was it suddenly pulled into a passing place in which another identical Merc was sitting waiting. As soon as it did this, that car then suddenly pulled out in front of me onto the road followed by the car I had been behind, doing the same and taking my nose off. I presume they were travelling together.

It’s getting a lot worse. It’s only a matter of time before I am taken out by some errant driver.

Post #206861116th Jul 2019 5:24 am
Gorilla63

United Kingdom 

You guys don't know how good you have it. Driving in the UK is a pleasure. Polite, courteous and considerate. People obey rules and accept congestion. Sure you get bad apples, you'll never get rid of them. But as a whole, roads are safe.

Post #206861516th Jul 2019 5:48 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Laughing of course! Try telling that to SWMBO, whom complete with 3 kids in the car, got T boned by an American driving a hire car! Right after the accident, the guy and his wife never even asked if they were okay, they were more intent on getting onto their next destination and when the hire company we’re going to get a replacement car to them. Rolling Eyes

Post #206862116th Jul 2019 6:16 am
Sea Raider

Just wait till the convoy of 15 Italian motorhomes arrive

They passed through Lochgilphead and onto Oban on Saturday, 1 big long line travelling at speeds of 35mph - 40mph and not a thought for anything else on the road.

Post #206862316th Jul 2019 6:25 am
Gorilla63

United Kingdom 

Well, Americans hardly reflect on the driving habits of the British.
I hope your wife and children were not harmed in the encounter.

Post #206862416th Jul 2019 6:27 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Shaken, but not stirred, although one of the kids complained about a sore shoulder for a couple of weeks.

In fact I am off to the big smoke this morning - Inverness. One of the kids and her pals is off on the train to Aberdeen for the day. Big excitement!

Post #206862616th Jul 2019 6:35 am
J77

Scotland 

Bad driving is not unique to the NC 500, it’s all over. Many complain about the NC 500 but they happily take the money from it.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #206865516th Jul 2019 9:15 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Sea Raider wrote:

They passed through Lochgilphead and onto Oban on Saturday, 1 big long line travelling at speeds of 35mph - 40mph and not a thought for anything else on the road.

Until they meet a logging lorry coming the other way, that is!
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #206865616th Jul 2019 9:16 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

The trouble with the NC500 is the poor roads, so whilst you can loose a few bad drivers on other roads, the problem here is magnified. Also volume, a journey to say Applecross that takes 40 mins in the winter, takes 2 hours in the summer.

Very few people take money from the NC500, the vast majority don’t. A lot of these motor homes are crammed full of food, so they only part with money for fuel.

The other point is it puts off essential services personnel applying for vacancies. Someone applied for a post that covered the remote West. Went for the interview, got the job and turned it down because she didn’t want to spend over half their time on the road. Eventually they filled the vacancy, but the person that got it gave it up after 6 months for the same reason, it’s still vacant. Given a choice, what would you rather have?

Post #206866416th Jul 2019 10:02 am
RootinTootin

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sea Raider wrote:

Oh and when they hit the Western Isles.😩😩😩🙄. The chaos that can ensue in Harris when they insist on convoying on the single track roads.

Post #206867016th Jul 2019 10:31 am
Davethegeo

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Totally agree about the NC500. have just spent a fortnight in Applecross with trips out to Gairloch and Torridon, Lochcarron etc. Have never seen the driving so bad. Mostly hire cars seem to be at fault, and of these, the hired camper vans are by far and away the worst. Noone seems capable of reversing. The Bealach was lots of fun..... for all the wrong reasons. I just resigned myself to going very slowly and giving these numpties a lot of space....
To many examples of moronic driving to list....
Rant over...for now
 D1 300Tdi - gone
D2 Td5 ES (Alive remapped...mmm) - sadly gone
D4 2012 SDV6 XS - Stolen
D4 2014 SDV6 HSE - Shiny

Post #206868816th Jul 2019 11:48 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

It’s that bad that I actually avoid travelling out and about during the busy months unless I have to and end up banning the youngest taking his bike out on the road. That can’t be right! Is that how you judge the NC500 to be a success?

Good luck to Perthshire, a lot of residents are opposing the Heart 200 proposed route. They’ve seen things spoilt for us and don’t want it.

Post #206870216th Jul 2019 12:51 pm
J77

Scotland 

Davethegeo wrote:
Totally agree about the NC500. have just spent a fortnight in Applecross with trips out to Gairloch and Torridon, Lochcarron etc. Have never seen the driving so bad. Mostly hire cars seem to be at fault, and of these, the hired camper vans are by far and away the worst. Noone seems capable of reversing. The Bealach was lots of fun..... for all the wrong reasons. I just resigned myself to going very slowly and giving these numpties a lot of space....
To many examples of moronic driving to list....
Rant over...for now

I was up that way last Monday it was crazy, mainly large motor homes that struggled to fit in the passing places.

I’ve yet to do the full 500, planning to do it next year but before the peak season.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #206871016th Jul 2019 1:20 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The Dundonian wrote:
Life is a living Hell on the NC500.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Seriously???

A living hell.........!?!
 Andy

Post #206871316th Jul 2019 1:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top