DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

My Nanocom Evo - learning the ropes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
My Nanocom Evo - learning the ropes

This was supposed to be a thread about my success in starting to use my NE, but read to end. Big Cry

I was one of those that bought the NE in the recent Group buy. For various reasons I have not had time to really play with it and a certain amount of fear of doing something wrong. Anyhow, started to play. So far:

Using my C-Tec charger in Supply mode whilst using the NE Thumbs Up

Worked out how to read fault codes and clear them. Have not yet worked out why I cannot save them, but suspect I have to do something to the SD card supplied. It was inserted into machine, so I will play with that later.

Had the confidence to start engine with it plugged in. Wow, love this bit. Now realise that I can do things like set the heights of the corners, deflate the airbags and empty the reservoir - handy if I had chosen to remove the reservoir when doing some maintenance yesterday, watch the operation of the various valves as I change to access and multi-height, see what pressure is in the reservoir and how hot the compressor and motor get. All this will help with diagnosis of the suspension system.

Can look at engine speed, oil and water temp, battery charging and non charging values. Things that could help future diagnosis.

Did not understand all the brake information - but could see how to unjam the handbrake Thumbs Up Did not fiddle in this area (see below)

Seen the clutch and steering angle calibration section - but if it aint broke, don't touch was my thoughts here.

Done the service reset - I am servicing every 7500 miles.

I have not really understood what all the fault codes mean, but the car seems to drive very well, so will not worry too much. I have not plucked up courage to try to put the clock on the dash or set three flash indicator, but at least I feel happier plugging it into the port and getting to the point of starting engine.

So, this was supposed to be end of this thread. Shut down the NE and turned off the ignition - the red park brake is now flashing! Message on dash says lift brake to apply, which seems to apply the brake and then back it off!

I will go back over what I have done, but if someone beats me to it, that would be much appreciated. If no luck and no response, I will raise a separate thread.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #134514821st Sep 2014 12:33 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

All sorted. I was on a screen with "Drive to mounting position". Wondered what screens were behind that, clicked on it, but screen seemed to freeze. So I rebooted NE and carried on playing. I have just retraced my steps, been back to that page and when pressed "Drive to mounting position", I could hear brake apply and complete operation on NE.

Turned off everything and restarted car and everything OK again. So, I managed to beak it and fix it, all from a computer. Scary and satisfying.

If you bought a Nanocom Evo in the Group buy and have not played with it, give it a go.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #134515721st Sep 2014 12:44 pm
Redgull

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

how much in the group buy?

Post #134537121st Sep 2014 9:00 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

Hi Redgull, see this thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic115186.html
Post #134538921st Sep 2014 9:33 pm
Redgull

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

ok thanks
too late now Big Cry

Post #134540821st Sep 2014 9:58 pm
eenomc

Scotland 
Re: My Nanocom Evo - learning the ropes

Barn1e wrote:
Shut down the NE and turned off the ignition - the red park brake is now flashing! Message on dash says lift brake to apply, which seems to apply the brake and then back it off!

The nanocom is a great piece of kit but what makes all the difference is Colin and the team are quick to respond to problems like this. I've not yet emailed them about this problem but I too get the flashing red symbol if I shut the nanocom before switching the ignition off. Never get it if ignition is off before nanocom.

Post #134545221st Sep 2014 10:36 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

eenomc, I had not thought about it that way, I thought it was because I had not allowed it to complete the "Drive to mounting position" procedure, which seemed to "hang" which caused me to turn the NE off whilst ignition on.

Agree with you on support from Colin and guys on this and the Blackbox forum. This thread was not supposed to be a cry for help when I started typing - that would have gone on their forum, but panic set in.

As I am now doing most of my diagnostics and maintenance, the NE now gives me the insight and confidence to do more jobs. Thumbs Up
Post #134551122nd Sep 2014 7:40 am
Frb2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Nanocom Evo New User

Does anyone have any good resources (or a link to a good forum page) for those of us looking to start using a Nanocom Evo for the first time (for a D3)?
Thanks in advance.
Freddie

Post #21666779th Aug 2020 12:10 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Sure:

https://www.ebay.co.uk

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR