Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

N95 & bluetooth in Disco3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Mactwo

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Well the car went in last Thursday and they reckoned it needed a software update (which I find amazing for a brand new car!) but hasn't fixed the problem anyway! Censored I have now also noticed not sure if it's a new problem but apart from the original connections problems I have had if I am in a call when I unlock and put in the ignition on the car they connect and the call can be continued in the car over the bluetooth but as soon as you end the call using the steering wheels controls they disconnect from each other and if I reconnect them I get the same problem as I started with.

The car is now booked in for next Thursday again for them to have another look at it and I will be leaving them my phone this time too! I would be grateful for any extra help and advice anyone can offer??

On a happier note I am just about to buy a set of 20" RRS v spoke original wheels with 275/40-20 Continental Sport Contact tyres and although I know this is not the right section can any of you guys have any advice or know of any problems wih fitting these to my Disco?

Thanks in advance

Post #22786925th Nov 2007 10:17 am
simonsi

New Zealand 

Mactwo wrote:
On a happier note I am just about to buy a set of 20" RRS v spoke original wheels with 275/40-20 Continental Sport Contact tyres and although I know this is not the right section can any of you guys have any advice or know of any problems wih fitting these to my Disco?

Thanks in advance

Check the load rating of the tyres, these are usually lower than the 111 load rating required for the D3, hence dubious legally and could cause insurance problems if you were in an accident.

Other than that they will make your car quicker on acceleration but noisier at speed as they will effectively gear the car down a tad.

Other than that they'll be fine Very Happy probably Shocked
 Cheers

Simon 

Post #22793725th Nov 2007 5:58 pm
steves21

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
N95 BT

Hi Mactwo,
I had huge probs with this Sad see posts back in Sep/Oct)
I had given up until last night when I went on Nokia site and downloaded latest software V20.0.015 ,and all seems fine now-it even downloads the phone book to the car.(I also noticed on LR website that N95 is now approved for freelander 2, but not disco)
I'm sure you know this but make sure that you save all your contacts,pics, ringtones etc to your memory card because installing new software wipes all this.
good luck

Post #2304943rd Dec 2007 7:05 pm
royston

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

upgraded to software v 20.0.015 everything works as should, thank you for your help

Post #2307694th Dec 2007 8:20 pm
Marco

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I have a Nokia N95 8Gb, and at the first time it don´t work good, but now after the update it is exelent!

Update you N95, and you are lucky!
 Byby Marco

http://www.off-road-forum.de 

Post #2308515th Dec 2007 8:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mactwo

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Steves21

Thanks Thumbs Up You guys beat me to it as I was just about to post about the update to the N95 which makes it work with the bluetooth. All seems to work perfectly now and even the personalised ringtones come through and the name of the caller can be spoken out (if they are saved on your phone of course)! I had given up myself and hoped Nokia would bring out an update that would work so its brilliant that I haven't had to wait too long for this!! Very happy my bluetooth is now working and I dont need to change phones Very Happy

Post #2322099th Dec 2007 9:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >