Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

MINIcover - THE best (& cheapest!) insurers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dgrr

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
MINIcover - THE best (& cheapest!) insurers

Had a Cooper S for 18mths (sold a couple of yrs ago) for the wife, & insured it through MINI cover - found them to be excellent. Having discovered they would cover anything, I swapped my other car (Merc E320 cdi at the time) over to them when renewal was due... a huge saving: £700-odd became less than £500. The bottom line is not so much the premiums savings to be made, but the service, should you ever make a claim etc. Their claims proceedure is faultless (some t*@t had keyed all the way down both sides of the Merc, so big respray job). A BMW X5 courtesy car was provided (slumming it a bit, obviously Laughing ), Merc re-sprayed at a place of my choosing etc. When calling them, you actually speak with a human being, not a machine. It seems to me that they really provide the all-too-rare best of both worlds - & for all age groups.
My D3 is of course with them - currently costing me less than £400 (20k miles p.a., fully comp & with protected NCD) - not bad for a £40k car. Admittedly, I don't have off-road cover, so I'm not sure how that would affect it. Anyone who just does on-road driving should certainly try their on-line instant quote facility - & be pleasantly surprised! Go to http://www.mini.co.uk/UK/html/finance_insurance/home.html . On the left, click on "Insurance Quote Request".
Please note that whilst this might read as if I am on commission from them(!), I have absolutely no commercial links with them at all - just wanting to pass on my good experiences to other DISCO3 forum members.
 DGRR  
Post #1082158th Dec 2006 12:13 pm
al cope

England 

you must be joking, £716 is what they just quoted me, aginst £496 from NFU direct.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #1082218th Dec 2006 12:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgrr

Al,
This is no wind-up... when you get 10 mins spare, try their website estimator thingy.
 DGRR  
Post #1082408th Dec 2006 1:09 pm
al cope

England 

thats what I did and it came up with the 716 figure. Doesnt compete with my NFU number I'm afraid.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #1082538th Dec 2006 1:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgrr

Hmmm... that IS a surprise. I know 1 or 2 young drivers (just-passed 17-yr-olds), right through to a few in their 70s that have saved loads. Oh well...
 DGRR  
Post #1082778th Dec 2006 2:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >