Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

MAF Average Readings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Skagg

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4
MAF Average Readings

Hi,

I've had a scout around & couldn't find a post that give this detail so sorry if it's been discussed elsewhere.

I'm interested to know what a "in spec" reading should be for the MAF at idle?

I've had occasional P0101-17 (68 ) error & wanted to understand what might be causing it.

P0101-17 (68 ) Mass or volume air flow - circuit range performance - General electrical failure - circuit voltage above threshold.

I'm also getting difficult starting when cold which i'd put down to glowplugs due to the lower temperatures but strangely it starts on the button occasionally at temperatures below 5 degC

It starts, but turns over for 5 or 6 seconds before firing, then runs lumpy for a second or two more with a puff of greyish smoke. Once started, it restarts fine.

I wondered if this could be linked to this MAF error code?

So I took a reading today & got a result of 20G/S from a cold start with the car reading a outside temperature of 6degC. Would this be considered in spec or does it point to a knackered MAF?

Visually the MAF looks like the hot wires to the bulb have some light corrosion on them. I've given it a sprayed with some MAF cleaner but it made no difference.

What do you reckon guys?

Thanks

Nick
 MY16 D4 Landmark SDV6 (The Ice Maiden)
Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
MY08 D3 HSE Stornoway (Miss Moneypit) The money tree withered...... 

Post #189514229th Dec 2017 8:21 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The wiki https://www.disco3.co.uk/wiki/IIDTool_Live_Values says 16 g/s which I think is what I got immediately after startup but it drops down to 6-7 g/s at idle pretty soon. It is related to at least rpms Very Happy

Yours is a diesel so I don’t know if these are comparable figures in any way.

Post #189514329th Dec 2017 8:32 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: MAF Average Readings

Skagg wrote:
Hi,

I've had a scout around & couldn't find a post that give this detail so sorry if it's been discussed elsewhere.

I'm interested to know what a "in spec" reading should be for the MAF at idle?

I've had occasional P0101-17 (68 ) error & wanted to understand what might be causing it.

P0101-17 (68 ) Mass or volume air flow - circuit range performance - General electrical failure - circuit voltage above threshold.

I'm also getting difficult starting when cold which i'd put down to glowplugs due to the lower temperatures but strangely it starts on the button occasionally at temperatures below 5 degC

It starts, but turns over for 5 or 6 seconds before firing, then runs lumpy for a second or two more with a puff of greyish smoke. Once started, it restarts fine.

I wondered if this could be linked to this MAF error code?

So I took a reading today & got a result of 20G/S from a cold start with the car reading a outside temperature of 6degC. Would this be considered in spec or does it point to a knackered MAF?

Visually the MAF looks like the hot wires to the bulb have some light corrosion on them. I've given it a sprayed with some MAF cleaner but it made no difference.

What do you reckon guys?

Thanks

Nick

hi nick

don’t know if this is any help as a comparison

Post #189525629th Dec 2017 11:57 pm
Skagg

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Morning Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I know the standard should be around 16G/S but i'm not sure if 20G/S is still in the "normal" tolerance zone.

As an addition, I checked again this morning from a cold start with a registered outside temp of 11degC & got an idle reading of 9G/S.

So i'm getting quite a difference from day to day.

Thanks

Nick
 MY16 D4 Landmark SDV6 (The Ice Maiden)
Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
MY08 D3 HSE Stornoway (Miss Moneypit) The money tree withered...... 

Post #189539330th Dec 2017 12:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >