Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

LR3 tent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LR3some

2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
LR3 tent

I've been looking at the LR3 fitted tent (the one that slips over the open tail gate) for some time now. My family rarely camps out overnight but loves to hang out at parks and I think the shade this tent would provide might be just the thing we are looking for.

Does anyone have any experience with this tent? It's very expensive but the fit and finish looks top notch, I would love to hear some opinions before making any moves on one.

Post #17026724th Jun 2007 10:12 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The tent is designed more for day use ...but it's not unrealistic to use it overnight. I doubt that you would find it suitable for a family though. PM Gazavich, he has one and has used it a few times ...although at Rockingham last weekend he had a seperate tent for sleeping in and used the day tent for cooking relaxing etc Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #17027224th Jun 2007 10:16 pm
jwest

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

maybe it's obvious to you already but the Hannibal awnings are really quite nicely designed and made. If you are willing to either get a Hannibal rack or make it work onto some other rack, there is a "rear" awning that I think was actually for the defender and it's just about the width+ of the lr3 rear hatch.

I'll post a photo in my gallery.

You can get their awnings with side walls. Well, it's probably not big enough but the side awning would be with it's walls. I have both using the rear more for doing things/bike shop/kitchen and the side for lounging/sleeping.

of course then you might as well get the big roof tent too for a you or the kids if there are any.
 96 Disco I, 210,000 miles - still going strong
04 Disco II, Vienna/Tundra, +2" lift, onboard air, 120V...
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #17032924th Jun 2007 11:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >