DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

LR3 Lift Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
disco4x4au

Australia 

caverD3 wrote:
Didn't try a cold boot then Gordon?

er yes, I did - to no avail, as I had shattered the air compressor on a rock Embarassed This was before I fitted a compressor plate! Perhaps I should have said "severe suspension fault" in my last post.
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #55233417th Nov 2009 2:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Can't really blame the rods then can we? Wink
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #55234017th Nov 2009 5:07 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

Sorry, I'm not blaming the rods - I'm just giving a heads-up to those who might be considering fitting tyres that wouldn't fit an unlifted D3, for instance 32" or larger diameters. The car is designed such that it will drop to the bump stops during a catastrophic failure. There are quite a few situations that can bring this about. If that happens, you're essentially stuffed unless you can fix the problem on the spot.

You should really stick to tyre sizes that will allow the wheel to rotate at all possible heights. I suppose you could use some other system in conjunction (such as lifters) if you _really_ need to go bigger.

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #55234117th Nov 2009 5:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Sorry Gordon, just having a dig. Very Happy
A good point but it is not a good idea to have them too short as the sensors will go out of range when the suspension drops on one side and the least you will get is a fault code and automatic suspension drop. Never mind stability issues. In some states you need an engineers cert for lifts over 50mm (including larger tyres).
Also there is more strain on the CV joints at greater heights especially on full lock.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #55234217th Nov 2009 5:36 am
daveyb

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

disco_doozle wrote:
Davey ride does look 8)
Nice rubber m8 Thumbs Up

Thanks Disco! Cheers Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 Tonga Green
275/65/18 GY DuraTracs - ARB w/ EP9.0 - Sasquatch Rods 

Post #55247017th Nov 2009 2:46 pm
landmann

Germany 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

first performance with the rods off road (mine is the blue one with the LR button on the back )
worked quite well even with stock tires 7 mm ruber left ! Whistle Whistle Whistle

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=flouse...D4Hq23CFvE
 it�s not broken ! it�s british !  
Post #55836130th Nov 2009 11:17 pm
disco_doozle

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Also Also Alsoooooo Landmann.....you nitwit......how dare you to cut a Land Rover Oval ....

Mr. Green Rolling with laughter Mr. Green

Looks good though like that on the back.... Thumbs Up
 Disco 3 TDV6 Aut. 7 seat, Zambezi silver, Privacy glass, Rosen A9 DVD, Tow-kit, K&N airfilter, Frontrunner Windcheetah + 4xHella Comet 550, tailgate ladder, 5 breaklights Smile, Performance BB6 17" + Duratracs 256/70R17, RLD Skid-plate, Traxide second battery setup, Lightguards, BAS EGR's blank kit, BAS Silicone hose, Black bonnet decal,  
Post #5586061st Dec 2009 3:44 pm
daveyb

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Good stuff HP! I spent last weekend exploring the Lost Coast in Northern California. I'm getting the GoodYear DuraTracs (275/65/18) installed as we speak! Sure could have used them for this last run. Looks like a great bit of trail you've got there!
 2006 D3 Tonga Green
275/65/18 GY DuraTracs - ARB w/ EP9.0 - Sasquatch Rods 

Post #5587621st Dec 2009 7:41 pm
landmann

Germany 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Censored ya dave Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

no dura tracs available in germany up to now in that size, the good year management is sleeping.

the silver D3 from user Tramper had much problems to cross the track without the rods, though he had MTs on !!!
i did it with some speed and userfehler performed the track including the rods with MTs without any problems Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Whistle
 it�s not broken ! it�s british !  
Post #5589992nd Dec 2009 12:25 am
Adrian L

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

caverD3 wrote:
Didn't try a cold boot then Gordon?

Any ideas on how to do that?
 ï¿½I will go anywhere, as long as it be forward.� David Livingstone  
Post #5596863rd Dec 2009 9:48 am
caverD3

Switch off
Wait for EPB light to go out
Disconnect battery
Touch +V and -V together for 10 seconds.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #5602984th Dec 2009 8:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >