50%
 50%  [2]
NO
50%
 50%  [2]
Total Votes: 4

gonster

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

Waterford Land Rover is the best in my opinion! Based in Fourways on Witkoppen. The lads there are extremely helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. Johan in service dept has always accomodated me and gone the extra mile to ensure i knew what was happening with my vehicle, squeezed me in before those last minute holidays and always delivered on his promise. I sometimes just pop in to talk rubbish, have them look at my car or advise and never have been too busy. I have used Sandton before and a very general type of service from them. Waterford gets a resounding 10 out of 10....in fact make that a 9 out of 10, they could get some hot babes to give massages while you wait Smile Bought my second Landy from James Beattie there and again the sales service, follow ups etc was impeccable! Keep it up James
Keep it up Waterford your an awesome family and i am proud to display your sticker on my cab!

Post #8324117th Sep 2011 5:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I will not be using Land Rover MIDRAND again.

I have recommended them in the past, but based on my latest experience I think one would be endangering life and limb to go there.

They returned my wife's RRS after a service & repair with loose and missing bolts, a brake pipe wrapped around the swaybar upright, and oil all over the place.

I have booked my FFRR in at Waterford for it's upcoming service. Hopefully I get the same treatment as Gonnie

Post #8328588th Sep 2011 10:20 am
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Second you on Midrand Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Banging Head

Post #8329198th Sep 2011 12:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
heine

Baben wrote:
Hopefully I get the same treatment as Gonnie

As in Gonorrhea Shocked

What did you two get up to Twisted Evil

Post #8329238th Sep 2011 12:56 pm
daniem

South Africa 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

Sheesh, and there I went and booked my vehicle in at Midrand on Monday for a problem Centurion (talk about poor service!) could not sort out. Despite communicating to them beforehand, describing the problem in detail on email and by phone, and getting promised that the vehicle will be attended to ASAP, I am still without my vehicle! I must add that there is poor service on Motorite's side as well and they are at least partially to blame, but it is getting really frustrating now. Big Cry

Post #8329518th Sep 2011 2:29 pm
Baben

Danie, make sure you put the vehicle up on the lift and check it before you drive away.
If not, let me know what time you collect it, and I will ensure I stay off the roads Twisted Evil

Motorite are OK, but the delays while they check and double-check are frustrating. Put yourself in their shoes - they have to guard against the dealers AND the clients trying to rip them off Smile

Post #8329608th Sep 2011 2:51 pm
gonster

Haha close to gonorrhea! My mates thought I would get it one day from all the chicks. Hehe. Name is a nick for Goncalo said Gonzalo ......yes a veggie selling pora. Baben, choon me boet spoke to one of the landy guys today and they reckon there is a feature requiring enabling but Available to have the radio stations come up on screen in between speedo and rev counter on D4. Do u know how to activate that chaana?

Post #8331148th Sep 2011 8:03 pm
Baben

Havent tried that yet, but yes there are a few little displays that you can configure on the FFRR which I know about, so maybe there are similar options on the D4. Just come round and play

Post #8332459th Sep 2011 5:13 am
gonster

Baben,

Will definately have to make an appointment to come and see you bud!
Did BBS resolve the DRL on the LED's?
Have a lekker weekend boet

Post #8332499th Sep 2011 6:16 am
Baben

nope, as far as I can see from the BBS support site, nobody has managed to get LED-only daytime lights on the D4 yet. Similar for nav on the move

Post #8332609th Sep 2011 7:31 am
discoroy

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

photokid wrote:
Which dealership is known as 'The Centre'?

Independant in Durban-any one else recommend them?
 1998 Disco 1 V8 A
2007LR3 V8
2010 Volvo XC 60 D5 (SWMBO) 

Post #83634518th Sep 2011 5:46 pm
DiscoJacques

South Africa 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
LR/RR Silver Lakes

Hi guys

Just some feedback, had my 120k service done yesterday at Range Rover Silver Lakes. Their service was the best by far ever from LR.

Did everything we ask for (at a huge price) and kept me informed all the way, they even fitted new disc pads (I supplied the pads) at no charge. They e-mailed me a formal quote for the work to be done, you have to sign and they carried out the job on time. The actual invoice was at the end lower than the estimate Shocked

Anyone in Pretoria (East) looking for an alternative to Menlyn, give them a go, they realy did surprise me Thumbs Up
 2007 TDV6 SE auto (ex Write off)
2013 D4 SDV6 SE auto 

Post #84096528th Sep 2011 9:14 am
photokid

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

LR Pretoria. opposite to Menlyn mall.

8 out of 10.

Great service and they had gone out of their way.

Post #85740110th Nov 2011 10:18 pm
Baben

OK so I tried Waterford for my 36000 service and bug fixes, and I have to say I am very impressed for a number of reasons:

1) they have an online booking system, (http://www.landroverwaterford.co.za/Default.aspx?tabid=534) so you can book the vehicle in, write notes about bugs that need attention etc, and they confirm via email AND sms AND call you to confirm, PLUS send a reminder a couple days before the service

2) Hennie was the service advisor that handled my vehicle. Nice friendly chap, very professional, took the time to walk around the car with me and ask questions, discuss all my requirements

3) Leon (service foreman) drove the car with me, and listened for the clunks and rattles that bothered me, felt the gearlever vibration (even tho it was practically insignificant) checked the tyre wear, discussed my requirements again, questioned me about the TPMS bug

4) Hennie texted me a few times during the day to report progress, and followed up with a call later in the day to tell me that they were gonna keep the vehicle because they had to replace camera cables, replaced a cracked armrest cover in the door card (even though I had never mentioned it), uploaded new engine software that sorted out the gearlever vibe, fixed the TPMS software, and generally tightened up the whole car to sort out all the clunks and rattles. The result is a FFRR that now eventually acts exactly the way it should.

Whilst all this was going on, our RRS alternator died, leaving the wife stranded in the middle of a busy road (apparently it was "system error" and instant death Shocked ). So I got the vehicle into Waterford (now I had both vehicles in the workshop, and driving a Jazz Evil or Very Mad ) and they sorted that out in the same day even though I had no prior booking.

The only problem I have with telling you lot about Waterford is that you will probably make them so popular that they can't handle the workload Smile and they will go the way of another dealer I used to recommend, but we sincerely hope not.

So, thumbs up to Waterford Thumbs Up

Post #85762511th Nov 2011 12:55 pm
heine

Shaddup numnuts

Post #86054418th Nov 2011 6:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >