Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

LR Removeable towbar with unremoveable key?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Andy from Embsay

United Kingdom 
LR Removeable towbar with unremoveable key?

My new D4 XS arrived (yes, yes, pictures - sorry!) with its removable towbar. Lovely. It has two weeny little keys, and today I used it to take a couple of bikes to a ride we were doing. All was lovely.

Then afterwards I took it off, but the weeny key doesn't seem to come out of the lock - it came out fine when I fitted the bar, but is it meant to stay in the lock whilst the towbar's removed? I'd rather be able to remove it so I know that when I use the towbar I just need to take the keys that have the bike-rack keys on - if it stays in then I'm going to have to remember to store the weeny key somewhere safe whilst the towbar's on - not the end of the world, but I'd prefer to be able to get it out.

And whilst we're on towbars, where do people put the cover that you remove to get to the electric socket? Does it just go loose in the boot?

Ta ever so!

Post #112169923rd Jun 2013 5:02 pm
DeeJay

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4

Hi Andy, yes the key is supposed to stay in the tow bar when removed, have a look in the handbook Thumbs Up If you really want to remove the key you will have to push the small pin in on the tow bar (its hard to do may need a tap with a hammer) so the green piece goes to the lock position if that makes sense and you will then be able to remove the key. Just remember to put the key in and turn the green piece to allow the pin to protrude again otherwise you will never get the hitch back in the socket Thumbs Up

Post #112171423rd Jun 2013 5:29 pm
Andy from Embsay

United Kingdom 

Thanks - I did look in the handbook, couldn't see anything about it saying it stayed in there. That's cool - just have to decide where to put the key (along with the other bits) when the towbar's on.

Post #112186023rd Jun 2013 8:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >