Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

LR fixed price servicing - Finished now?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Duncster

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The fixed price is showing on Listers;

https://uploads.listers.co.uk/land-rover-3...h-2020.pdf

Also looked a service plan for my RRS 2015 - £3,300 for 3 services seemed steep as the interim service is less than £400
 15 3.0 RRS HSE - Silver
05 2.7TDV6 S AUTO Silver - Retro-fitted Leather. 

Post #21578541st Jul 2020 11:31 am
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

J@mes wrote:

They don't want people in their old boxy LR's anywhere near their workshops Rolling with laughter Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing Maybe!

I must admit I have been extremely lucky with my LR dealer even though its been two different groups firstly it was Stratstone and now Farnell. I have somehow managed to keep a good relationship through several service managers who have mostly looked after me whilst having my D3 for 10 years and now my D4 for 19 months. During this time I have tackled some jobs myself and used some of the usual suspects on the forum and used our perfectly good local Indy from time to time but in general its been the people at LR that have made the difference as I dont think the dealership themselves would be interested. Perhaps they take pity on me always playing catch up with my old out of LR warranty vehicles but we have always had an understanding that yes they will make mistakes from time to time or someone at the dealership will pass things by or cut corners but I always offer good feedback for them and sort out any short comings direct with the manager. I also have a deal on price per hour and parts though I know they sometimes massage the figures in the first place but its all about give and take for me. I suppose if you know a little bit about your motor and you have a great forum like this behind you then you can tell when things are decent value or not most of the time. Obviously one day a service manager may come along who doesnt give a toss and I will be quite happy to move permanently over to my local Indy but hopefully that day wont happen to soon.

Thanks for the comments I appreciate and understand why most keep away for dealers but its not always the case that they are all cold hearted money making machines if you can find the right people within them Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #21578671st Jul 2020 12:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Duncster

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I agree completely its all about finding the right dealer, when I had a Disco 3 I would send it 50 miles to a dealer I could trust, after two bad experiences that should have been fixed under warranty from a dealer only 2 miles from where I live, I had to get Customer Services involved. In the later years I sent it to an Indy who were fantastic.

I liked the fixed price servicing for my RRS I have only needed services nothing special no brakes, disks or anything else so liked the approach BMW have been doing this for 25+ years.

If they drop the 3+ I will be going independent again.
 15 3.0 RRS HSE - Silver
05 2.7TDV6 S AUTO Silver - Retro-fitted Leather. 

Post #21578731st Jul 2020 12:54 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:
Will say hi to ex-Guava and see if any of the old guard are there in Dec. When getting my wagon serviced at the Skoda dealer next door. Thumbs Up

Oh, and loving the fixed price servicing for Skoda. Mr. Green Mr. Green

Thumbs Up

I paid tuppence hapenny for the Skoda service plan. Which I’d actually forgotten about, so it was a surprise last November when I booked it in for its first service. Very Happy
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #21578931st Jul 2020 1:57 pm
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Shaun R. wrote:
robpenrose wrote:
There did use to be some good dealers, and maybe there still are.

Guava who I used to use, were very good. Unfortunately, they were taken over, and it went to pot!

Indy for me now, and haven’t regretted it!

Hi Rob, just out of interest, which Indy do you use now? I'm in the Croydon area.......

I have been using Moore Automotive near Chertsey for the last few years. Good guys over there Thumbs Up

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #21579051st Jul 2020 2:31 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The other thing that strikes me is that although to members of this forum use of indis and the receipts demonstrating the work done shows history and is reassuring, to an average buyer of the vehicle who isn’t a forum member a LR service history may be more reassuring.
Cheers
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #21581322nd Jul 2020 7:39 am
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

With later Land Rovers, you don’t get a service book to be stamped, it’s all done online. On my last service, the Indy updated the online record correctly, and I also have the receipts etc., etc.

For a car that’s still under manufacturer’s warranty, I’d agree about folk wanting JLR servicing, but once over three/four years old, I’d rather see a nicely presented car with lots of paperwork showing exactly what’s been done (together with any other extras - wheel alignment, gearbox flush etc.) rather than having a few bits of paper with a LR logo on them. LR dealers actually have some right shabby dogs on their forecourts.

Post #21581632nd Jul 2020 9:42 am
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

On land rovers site they are offering a fixed plan servicing for 3 years which includes years 6/7 & 8 they have quoted £2792 .
It states what they change on each service including belts , just had a quote for my 6th service £778 no discount told that's LR price ?...

Post #216262321st Jul 2020 9:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >