Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Loss of Power in V8 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CodeRed

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Loss of Power in V8 HSE

Bought a demo Disco3 V8 HSE back in Jan 07. Experienced 2 instances of total loss of power in 3 months.

First time happened about 1 month ago. I was travelling arnd 80km/h before stopped in front of a traffice light. Then all warning lights came up and it said System Check in Progress and just couldnt get any power. However, after I restarted the car, everything went okay. Because I was going overseas the next week so couldnt be bothered to book it in with the dealer.

Today this happened again, same story. Will bring it to the dealer tomorrow and get it checked thoroughly though not sure they can get any idea of what went wrong.

Post #15681113th May 2007 1:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slalomskier

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Sometimes thay do weird random things. i was taking off from traffic lights and it wouldnt change gears until it hit max revs, then booted up the gear ( I must have looked like an idiot) then it sat on its belly, and I was doing 100kph on the freeway in 3rd gear and all the alrms came on ( no traction, no abs, no stability control) i pulled over took key out and locked and unlocked it and then it was fine. I have read about similar incidents with other vehicle. mine is a TDV6 HSE. Nick

Post #15681713th May 2007 2:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CodeRed

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Slalomskier wrote:
Sometimes thay do weird random things. i was taking off from traffic lights and it wouldnt change gears until it hit max revs, then booted up the gear ( I must have looked like an idiot) then it sat on its belly, and I was doing 100kph on the freeway in 3rd gear and all the alrms came on ( no traction, no abs, no stability control) i pulled over took key out and locked and unlocked it and then it was fine. I have read about similar incidents with other vehicle. mine is a TDV6 HSE. Nick

thx for sharing, Nick. so did u bring ur Disco3 back to ur dealer to hv a check? did they give any reason what caused this kind of weird things? personally i reckon it's the electronical stuff...2nite i read so many kinds of Disco3 elec faults from the web...seems mine is only minor issue...Martin

Post #15682513th May 2007 3:27 pm
Slalomskier

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

No, I havent taken it back yet. I contacted them by phone when it happened and they said they would take a look at it when I bring it in for the service. Unfortunatly my dealer is in Melbourne and I am in Albury. I havent had the problem since. i think you are right about all the electricals. Its still more relaibale than my laptop which is a good thing. Nick

Post #15682713th May 2007 3:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >