DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Some little git let my tyre down
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
muppetlab

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: ....I was

BLFarrar wrote:
considering adding a leak sealer to my D3 tyres when I change them (the green slimy stuff that seals a leak & costs too much !)......just a thought what happens if you want to let your tyre down - does the leak sealant get into tyre valve or does it stay on periphery of inside of tyre ?
Has anybody tried or used this ?

Not sure about a car tyre but i used to use this in my mountain bikes with good effect. Never noticed punctures until you had to remove a tyre and then you would see the plugged holes Shocked
Trouble was that i had to let the tyres down to remove the tyres from the bikes and when you did the sealant would spray out a bit, and sometimes clogged that valve and needed cleaning. Personally i would not bother on a car and it may introduces balancing problems.
 Corrado Vr6
Disco 3 tdv6
Lr 90 3.9 v8 

Post #39989410th Jan 2009 9:57 am
UNG

United Kingdom 
Re: ....I was

muppetlab wrote:
BLFarrar wrote:
considering adding a leak sealer to my D3 tyres when I change them (the green slimy stuff that seals a leak & costs too much !)......just a thought what happens if you want to let your tyre down - does the leak sealant get into tyre valve or does it stay on periphery of inside of tyre ?
Has anybody tried or used this ?

Not sure about a car tyre but i used to use this in my mountain bikes with good effect. Never noticed punctures until you had to remove a tyre and then you would see the plugged holes Shocked
Personally i would not bother on a car and it may introduces balancing problems.

There are a number of these leak sealers available and if they are installed properly they should not cause any problems with the valve blocking as it stays on the periphery of the tyre ( tread area ) once the vehicle is driven. Once installed the leak sealer needs to be "run in" to allow it to spread round the tyre. With regard to balancing there are no issues and the leak sealer I have used will actually balance the wheels / tyres from new without the need for those horrible lead weights which can easily be lost when off roading, so it provides permanant balancing of the wheels
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #39990110th Jan 2009 10:41 am
discoagogo

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

visiting friends in Market Drayton at the weekend; the police had over 50 reported cases of tyres being slashed including other guests we were with but not the disco (thought they might have a job with ATs?) or our hosts' super low profiles but most others on the road and all through to the other side of town
 2007 TDV6 XS Silver
Running with some <a>BioDiesel</a>
<a>4x4 Prejudice</a> 

Post #40148813th Jan 2009 11:23 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Dodgy part of the world is Market Drayton..... Whistle Laughing
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #40149813th Jan 2009 11:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >