DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

list of recommended mods for D4?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Big Pimp

Northern Ireland 
list of recommended mods for D4?

Hi all,

I know this is quite a subjective point, but with my Landmark (which I know will have pretty much all the bells and whistles already) due around October time, I like to forward plan (and purchase normally) a list of mods to get done as soon as I can!

things like LED interior lights, RLD spare wheel protector etc.

basically, I am asking for an essential mod list first, and then desirable options second.

I already have a set of genuine stormers in 20" with general grabber ATs from my previous sport which have also been used properly on my current RRS2 so I'll hold onto them for the Landmark and off roading / poor weather so that side is covered.

Ive seen pictures of an LED lightbar fitted around the grill, and love the look of it (plus I have an LED lightbar on my wee work van as well as my big work lorry and the light which comes from them is frighteningly good, so thats a desired option for me.

so fire away with your suggestions!

thanks in advance!

Post #168421624th Jul 2016 10:53 pm
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Led internal lights
Led reversing lights... Makes a huge difference

RLD sump guard
RLD spare wheel protector
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #168424625th Jul 2016 7:15 am
Big Pimp

Northern Ireland 

Thanks Mr.Tom

Any brands in particular or just search for relevant topics on here for the LED bulbs?

Post #168426525th Jul 2016 9:07 am
swansty

Northern Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Hello Big Pimp - know you from another forum! Glad to hear you are getting a Discovery. I have LED interior lights in mine - just relative cheapies from Ebay but they work great. I also have a sump guard fitted which had taken a few bumps and scrapes so doing its job. As for a spare wheel protector - Im not so sure many of our local hoods have enough gumption or energy to steel a Disco's spare wheel - certainly its not something I have heard about locally. The best mod I ever made was the addition of a rigid bootliner. It has protected against a serious amount of mess. Bit awkward if you use seats 6&7 regularly but essential if you don't.

Post #168426625th Jul 2016 9:15 am
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

An IID Tool is a very handy thing to have

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #168426925th Jul 2016 9:25 am
swansty

Big Pimp wrote:
Thanks Mr.Tom

Any brands in particular or just search for relevant topics on here for the LED bulbs?

I used 2 packs of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-T10-8-SMD-50...2c744e2c5b

Post #168427525th Jul 2016 9:54 am
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Advanced Factors - especially for the reversing bulbs - their super bright ones are genuinely bright. Ebay ones don't tend to live up to expectations (but might be fine for the inside)
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #168430525th Jul 2016 11:47 am
Big Pimp

Northern Ireland 

swansty wrote:
Hello Big Pimp - know you from another forum! Glad to hear you are getting a Discovery. I have LED interior lights in mine - just relative cheapies from Ebay but they work great. I also have a sump guard fitted which had taken a few bumps and scrapes so doing its job. As for a spare wheel protector - Im not so sure many of our local hoods have enough gumption or energy to steel a Disco's spare wheel - certainly its not something I have heard about locally. The best mod I ever made was the addition of a rigid bootliner. It has protected against a serious amount of mess. Bit awkward if you use seats 6&7 regularly but essential if you don't.

Hey Swansty! How's it going mate?

Thanks for the heads up. Is the rigid liner OEM? If so I've had them on my last sport and current one and you're right - they're an essential - especially where I'm carrying cleaning chemicals during the week and scuba kit on the weekend! Seats 6&7 won't be in regular use, but will be occasionally, so lifting it out shouldn't be an issue.

Led interiors I'm well used to now with my sport, so would like them for sure.

Heard great reports about LED's in the reverse light spot. Does anyone have any fitted pics?

Do RLD do a sump guard for 16 models alright? I never had the problem with my last sport although I had this handy plastic cover around it which stopped all the dirt and crap from getting up into it, so did keep it relatively clean.

Thanks again guys!

What all does the IID tool offer / do?

Post #168448525th Jul 2016 8:29 pm
swansty

Going well thanks. Hope the car cleaning stuff is keeping you busy, I haven't had time to use what I bought off you!

Yep I have an OEM boot liner, got it second hand for little money years ago.

There is a thread somewhere on here about the functions of the IID tool. No doubt a great bit of kit but if you already have the top spec there wont be much you need it to activate and if you don't plan to keep it out of warranty, then it will be of limited use for fault finding/fixing. That's what landrover assist is for!

Post #168460326th Jul 2016 8:21 am
1967jester

Location: Usually in the North East though I have been known to travel

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You can contact Ray re sump guards, spare wheel protectors etc here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/member-rld.html.

You could go silly with mods, all depends on what you want out of the car.
1/2 height dog guard, series mud flaps, Prospeed rack, sliders & compressor guard, split charge/aux battery/additional power points, aux strobes & additional lighting all to put onto my new purchase.
Source additional wheels & chane tyres also to come
 Paul.

06 Java Black HSE - gone
12 Baltic Blue HSE - gone
15 Fuji HSE Lux
Club Biscuits, mmmm nice!
Traxide/Luna hybrid & Yellow top
Some Prospeed bits
+ some other stuff
Club N.E.R.D.s. 

Post #168460826th Jul 2016 8:40 am
Post Reply Back to top