Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

Who would YOU like to see Buy LR...or does it matter?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Jud West,

So the LR3 is not better kitted out material wise and build quality wise than all the Censored that the american's build Shocked

You have to be kidding.

We don't melt down plastic wheely bins and call them interiors. OK its not a Range Rover... NOT supposed to be Thud

And as for the handling... the D2 even with ACE was always waiting to throw you into a hedge if you took your eye off the road for a second... the D3 rides better than everything short of a FFRR.

If you want sports seats by a non off road SUV / UTE / TRUCK whatever called a Cayenne (Pepper Pig) or a Toerag. LR don't do sports (yeah I know... its good but not THAT good), they do vehicles fit for purpose, not fit for posing.

TWAT

OH and 25K of our English pounds (55K of your American Peso's) buys you a top spec Ford over here. Be grateful you get your LR's cheaper than we can possibly dream off. Twisted Evil

Post #1990414th Sep 2007 11:41 pm
jwest

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

first, when you address someone, get the name right or don't just pull one out of your bottom.

second, what the hell is your problem?

third, i don't know why you ask about the materials as compared to other american cars. i have never owned an american car. the range rover was what is ought to be, marginally for the price but fine enough for what it is.

fourth, screw you on the posing comment. i just drove 3000 miles and have beat the crap out of my previous discos and have spent enough time out in the open in these things to know what the hell a comfortable seat is. the disco 2 was more for "purpose" than this and i liked that aspect a lot better. maybe my D2 had better springs and dampers than yours, I don't know but I always felt very sure in it. I never said anything about the "ride" you are right on that but why did they have to Censored up everything else when so much got better?????

fifth, not sure why you bother talking costs here vs there, many things determine what one can afford and such.
 96 Disco I, 210,000 miles - still going strong
04 Disco II, Vienna/Tundra, +2" lift, onboard air, 120V...
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #1990515th Sep 2007 12:08 am
simon

jwest Bow down

Grow up a little and climb down off your BIG American Hoss.

Post #1990595th Sep 2007 12:35 am
mrmarklin

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3
Re: comfort

jwest wrote:
the lr3 stinks in many ways. I just drove our 07 bmw 328 wagon for 3 weeks around the US and Ontario only to become spoiled by it's adjustability and better cockpit layout. it has the sport seats which also have side bolster adjusting. the LR3 sucks in my opinion is and really isn't any better than an hse D2 was (i have one, gave it to my mom and wish is just gotten her one and kept mine) the lr3 is "weird" in it's handling whereas the D2 was at least predictable both in steering input as well as throttle response.

I may be putting this 07 LR3 up for sale to whoever fins it comfortable. maybe I'm just not built right for the car but I would get another D2 2004 SE/HSE and have it modified or just go with some diesel like a Tourag or wait for a full size Diesel range rover.

oh, whoever buys rover ought to make the interior worth $55k and have some choices/options in the US!!!

jwest!!!

As a very long time BMW owner myself I love the LR3. There are a lot of options! Shocked I ordered them all! 8) What more could I ask? Tacked on about $8K worth of accessories too. Laughing Interior is not real luxurious, but neither is BMW particularly awesome either. German austere.

Remember the LR3 is NOT, I repeat NOT a BMW. My wife has an X3, and it's excellent. Handles real well too! Very Happy But when I first drove it off road, I didn't really want to drive it through the muddy deep puddle to another field. Not then. Not now. That's why I love the LR3. No hesitation!!!!!! Razz Mr. Green

I think you're comparing apples to oranges. BMW for the highways and byways--Land Rover for everything else. At least that's what I do.

BTW, BMW has next to no towing capability, ground clearance etc. BUT that's not why I bought several over the years. Mr. Green
 '06 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Heavy Duty package, Satellite Radio, Luxury Package  
Post #1990625th Sep 2007 12:41 am
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

If it's not for you JW that's fine, move on to something more suited for you Thumbs Up However, many prefer the LR3/D3 for exactly the same reasons you don't. To each their own. Your tone did come across a bit rude, even if not intentional, that may have contributed to Simon's 'problem'. Sometimes the arrogance of some Americans on this board embarrasses me Rolling Eyes
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #1990635th Sep 2007 12:44 am
simon

And MR. J West... all you have done is diss the D3 since you posted 40 odd times... sell it and move on.

Let us enjoy the D3 fro what it is... a LR not some wanna be like the ones you should have bought.

Post #1990655th Sep 2007 12:45 am
simon

SV... American tone does not bother me one jot... Very Happy my 'problem' is with Mr Negatory West and his problem. Just check all his posts.

Sorry Jud... pulled another name outta my Censored .

Post #1990665th Sep 2007 12:50 am
jwest

I was mainly talking about the feel/comfort in the seat and arm rest areas. otherwise i actually like it a lot. I don't think what I said was rude but plainly my opinion about the design.

Seriously, who is totally comfortable in this thing? The head rest is another annoyance with it's zero adjustment for/aft/angle/height.

I would not have put nearly $20k into parts and labor to set it up for my purposes so what I am more likely to do at this point is find two front seats, most likely 05/06 FFRR LUX package versions that have the upper back angle adjustment as well as 3 area lumbar and head rest angle. Consider if you have long hair, I don't now but my fiance wears hers pulled back when we go hiking/camping, road/trail tripping and the head rest aspect gets a bit bad on the neck after 8 hours.

I honestly was more comfortable in the seat to window sill and right arm rest in the D2. It's probably due to my build, narrow and about 5"-11". In the lr3 I am "reaching" to the left door sill for arm resting/steering touch on long trips. Most none of this matters off road where it's not a 1200 mile drive in one day.

I think Simon was just bored and maybe amused that some American was complaining. I don't think the lr 3 is nearly what it ought to be though.
As for BMW, I only wanted the seats out of it...well, and the IDrive nav/info system rather than the kids toy version of nav in the lr3 that is more or less useless while moving and only 50% as useful as the bmw nav when stopped.

Anyone with leads on seat replacement will be welcomed.
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #1990675th Sep 2007 12:57 am
jwest

simon wrote:
And MR. J West... all you have done is diss the D3 since you posted 40 odd times... sell it and move on.

Let us enjoy the D3 fro what it is... a LR not some wanna be like the ones you should have bought.

you're being an asshole really. I have had the previous 2 discos, and still use the disco 1. I happily drove it to 200k miles. By saying "wanna be" you suggest the other cars, that I don't and didn't want, want to be rovers. I don't know or care so why do you?

Don't you have something better to do with your time than research my posts? I sure as hell don't care enough to read over any of yours or any others. That's just silly.

Seriously, do you really think this thing is perfect or even done as well as it should have been? I just got 12 mpg coming across the country! We don't get diesel here, we don't get the car options in general that Europe does so YOU be glad with what you have regardless of euro/dollar comparisons. We get the crap here and always have.
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #1990705th Sep 2007 1:05 am
simon

god your a whining prat... I have an S spec... oh feck me... you don't get them there do you, no only the top spec ones... Thud

No problem with the comfort. Drove for two days from the UK to the South of France. And in the CLOTH seats god forbid Shocked Head rest is not an issue... I am 6 foot 1. Normal build.

Ask yer girl to let her hair down... you should too maybe and chill out.

I am sorry LR did not custom build the side bolsters and arm rests just for your frame.

You seem to get off on Bimmbers... go buy an X5 with arm rests and custom side bolsters that fit you. Just never try to take it off road... or you'll be moaning again on the bimmber forums about it lack of off road capability.]

God bless you and all that sail in you Rolling Eyes

Post #1990725th Sep 2007 1:08 am
jwest

simon wrote:
god your a wining prat... I have an S spec... oh feck me... you don't get them there do you, no only the top spec ones... Thud

No problem with the comfort. Drove for two days from the UK to the South of France. And in the CLOTH seats god forbid Shocked Head rest is not an issue... I am 6 foot 1. Normal build.

Ask yer girl to let her hair down... you should too maybe and chill out.

I am sorry LR did not custom build the side bolsters and arm rests just for your frame.

You seem to get off on Bimmbers... go buy an X5 with arm rests and custom side bolsters that fit you. Just never try to take it off road... or you'll be moaning again on the bimmber forums about it lack of off road capability.]

God bless you and all that sail in you Rolling Eyes

I haven't had wine in days so I'm not sure what you mean or what prat is.

My D1 is an S as well dipshit and I said the BMW seats are the thing, so go feck yourself. If no one asked for something better, we'd all be driving boring crap.
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #1990735th Sep 2007 1:15 am
simon

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter class act American ass hole.

Go grab yer full fat triple shot latte double cheesburger and have a coronary.

Yawn good luck.

Post #1990745th Sep 2007 1:18 am
jwest

simon wrote:
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter class act American ass hole.

Go grab yer full fat triple shot latte double cheesburger and have a coronary.

Yawn good luck.

you must be one insecure nut case considering everything you have said here.

enjoy your forum. i'm done with your type.
07 LR3 HSE
2008 Audi S4 Avant mt6 

Post #1990765th Sep 2007 1:25 am
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter OMG that made me laugh so hard!

In all seriousness though, some do find the seats uncomfortable. I'm tiny so nothing truck-sized suits me therefore don't care really, maybe I should try Prius seats Laughing Ironically, my friend owns a 97 D1 and loves my LR3 seats, headrest sits just right for him at 6'1".

JW don't know about seat swapping, but have seen some posts on people making their headrest adjustable. Might be worth searching on.
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #1990775th Sep 2007 1:27 am
simon

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Big Cry Big Cry SOOO sad your leaving.

Post #1990785th Sep 2007 1:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >