Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

Land Rover or Volvo?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Dannyson

England 

Shocked 5 pages later ......... as I said at the start Land Rover or Volvo? - for any that might be mildly interested in my latest thoughts........I think I have made my mind up - I'll stick with what I've got - take out a warranty (probably WD as I understand the LR approved warranty company can be a bit 'iffy when it comes to crank shaft failure Rolling Eyes).....

Maybe, if a more utility looking 'posh' Defender is eventually released - hybrid would be good - I may change to it (rarely need the seven seats in the Discovery but still want the off road ability/high driving position) but I can't see it happening for a good while if at all..... Big Cry

Thanks for all your observations....... and please feel free to continue.... Thumbs Up
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #194054428th Apr 2018 10:17 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

I like the look of the XC90 but three things have made me think twice about moving to one.

1 Saw on that had been in a very low speed accident, 20/25 mph with a Citreon Picasso, the Picasso was not too badly damaged but teh XC had rear axle completley ripped out Neutral
2 Have read a few reports recently stating Volvo are not as focused on customers when it comes to warranty work comapred to LR
3 The new XC 90 face lift is due out at the end of this year start of next according to Volvo sales staff
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #194054928th Apr 2018 10:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Talking of Volvo warranties, I have a problem with the mileage limitations on Volvo warranties (both standard and manufacturer extended) which, realistically, restrict cover to private user mileage only Sad

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/maintenance/volvo-warranty

Their highest level of, paid for, extended cover will take it to 4 years or 80,000 miles Shocked

This is particularly galling for a manufacturer that continues to brag about the (perceived) strength and durability of their products and loves to hint at their million mile plus capabilities Evil or Very Mad
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: FL2 as a second car

2021 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #194059529th Apr 2018 8:20 am
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

A friend has a MY02 V70 with 490000 km on it. There has never been anything wrong with it, serviced regularly.

The UK market is somehow skewed since people tend to want to buy extra warranties to their vehicles.

Post #194059929th Apr 2018 8:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >