Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Land Rover <Rant Mode On>
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jkp

Scotland 
Land Rover <Rant Mode On>

Today, I've had the taste of Land Rover Ownership soured.

Background

Car suffered a suspension failure. It could not hold access height and was very slow to get to normal height, with no hope of reaching offroad. LRA called and were at my door in under 10minutes. Fault potentially diagnosed as height sensor failure. So off to the dealer it went and a hire car promptly arranged...so far so good.

Spoke with dealer and discussed way forward. taking into account the easter weekend, LR parts closed Friday and dealer closed Monday. They would look to get the car done yesterday and know a way forward, so if necessary, parts could be ordered.

I called yesterday to find out progress. Car had been looked at but stopped to attend to another car. No issues here as it's a busy place and mine will have to fall into line.

It was mentioned then that I will not be getting my car back until next week.

I called LRA and LRCS to see about getting a change to the hire car to something more suitable, as I paid a lot of money for this and did not want to go on our easter break in a dented 1.6 nissan primera.
LRCS called the dealer, who told them they would not be looking at the car until next week.

A few phone calls later and where am I. No further forward. No-one interested in sorting this out......

Summary

1. 4 month old car back in dealership with a 'common fault'
2. LRA and Hire Car. Very good and prompt service.
3. LRCS appear to have hands tied and have no authority to do anything.
4. Handling of my car at dealers is in my eyes unacceptable. Why have LRA and all that backing to have it sit in a dealers awaiting a slot to get fixed?
5. I have been pushed from pillar to post. dealer says contact LRA, they say contact LRCS and they say it's down to the dealer??

I've had issues with cars in the past and have received excellant after sales care. With subaru and mitsubishi on each occasion I was loaned a similar car by the dealer. No questions asked!!!

A quick question. If I had bought a £75k vogue, a fully loaded D3 HSE, or had some standing in the community, would I be taking my family on holiday in a 1.6L nissan primera?? I don't bloody think so!!!

i know the dealership looks on this site and I really don't give a flying pork sausage.

LR have my money, they have my car.........(get lost sonny!!!)

As you may tell, I'm bitterly disappointed in this matter. i don't expect everyone to drop what they are doing and fix my car, but come on....is this anyway for a system to work.

They have a great product, that has dragged them out the fields and got into the mainstream of buyers. Is it not time they started aftersales and customer service to match their products.

Martin if you feel this is wrong from the site, please delete it.

Post #5340814th Apr 2006 10:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Hell hath no fury.....

Oh dear JKP - what a way to start the holidays Crying or Very sad

I hope that you gave them a few new expletives to mull over

I think when things like this happen, tempers could be reduced drastically if they gave you a decent vehicle as a replacement while yours is in.

When I had my Disco 2 and that went in for warranty work a few times - they gave me a higher specced model every time. In fact when it was in the last time they gave me a Disco3 HSE - I told my service manager that he could keep the D2 for as long as he wanted.

One of the best policies if your disatisfied is to go back to your salesman on a Saturday afternoon when the showroom is full of potential customers and start ranting - you would be surprised what miracles can be achieved by this.

Hope this is sorted for you soon JKP - give them hell Twisted Evil
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5342314th Apr 2006 12:25 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Evil or Very Mad not acceptable, if its a warranty issue its the dealers responsibility to sort it. Unfortuntaely all dealerships are not equal...........the ones I have just bought mine from have already phoned me twice to make sure everything is OK and seem to be genuinely interested Wink
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #5342614th Apr 2006 12:51 pm
jkp

Scotland 

They are just not interested. Not a single phone call. I had to call them about my car yesterday. They said they would call me today with the report, but if they are not going to even look at it until next week, then I ain't holding my breath.

LRCS phoned them about a courtesy car for the weekend, but no joy. They don't have anything as it's a sale weekend. IF a loan freelander comes in they may give me that.

Is it all much ado about nothing..

Where do you go from here.

Dealer not interested!
LRCS although friendly cannot do anything!

Dom as you mention some dealers are more equal than others.

I wonder if VW would have treated me this way if I bought the toerag <shudders> Forget I mentioned that!

Post #5342714th Apr 2006 1:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Wheres your nearest next LR dealership Wink You could always either email or ask to speak to the dealer principal and have a real go......failing that ask them to remove their sticker from your rear window as you no longer intend to give them free advertising space as they have been so unhelpful Wink
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #5343014th Apr 2006 1:55 pm
Ken

John

Its one of those weekends guess what has just happened "suspension failure" oh well and its reset fine except it wont raise just states I'll raise when I ready! that was 2 hours ago I'll call LRA later probally Saturday as its a bank Holiday etc

Ken

Post #5343714th Apr 2006 3:39 pm
GLY 2N

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

We get the James Edwards & Land Rover QA phrase 'its within tolerance sir'

Post #5344114th Apr 2006 5:07 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: Land Rover <Rant Mode On>

discojkp wrote:
A quick question. If I had bought a £75k vogue, a fully loaded D3 HSE, or had some standing in the community, would I be taking my family on holiday in a 1.6L nissan primera?? I don't bloody think so!!!

Well you still might... Sad

My own DIII was in the shop for nearly 2 weeks with a busted battery which would not hold its charge before they could solve the problem (Basically finding a new battery... The thread must still be here somewhere...)...

It was only a letter to the CEO of Land Rover France pointing out that they were plain stupid paying for a rented Scenic at the tune of a 100€ a day for two weeks instead of replacing the busted 150€ battery, that got them moving pretty fast !

Land Rover does not seem to realize that even though their car might be well priced for the technology it encompasses, that puts it in the same league of price as certain Mercedes and BMW... And they have certainly not realized that the buyer of such expensives vehicles expects more service than the "average car buyer"...

It is even more annoying when that "average car buyer" sometime gets a better service than what L.R does as a standard...

I think that L.R needs to wake up... Or the enthusiast market, which for a lot of people (At least in France...) means a "basic" (Read easy to maintain in the field...) Defender or Defender-like and not a well kitted DIII, will also desert them and leave them stranded with bad reliabilities reports and nowhere to go from there...

Note to L.R : when someone is ready to pay more than 50.000€ for one of your product, they expect the service to be at the same level... Problems happens, that is not the issue, but customer service should help reducing the importance of those and, there too, you are often failling miserably...

Long rant... Sorry... And "pardon my french"... Wink

Post #5350615th Apr 2006 10:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >