Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Land Rover Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Maxster

Land Rover Extended Warranty

My wife has a dec 04 TDV6 HSE and the warranty is due to expire in December. Land Rover can offer us a QBE warranty for £695 that covers us for 2 years.
Has anybody else taken this up? and had to claim?

Post #20735424th Sep 2007 9:16 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

What's A QBE Warranty....? That's a good price for two years, but it sounds like it's not a LandRover warranty, but more than likely the dealers own warranty. Does it also include LR Assist? If so, I'd rip their arm off. But sounds like their own one, so I'd be a bit cautious. I think the last price for one year extension was about 800 or so....
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #20735624th Sep 2007 9:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Welcome back Bods !!

Post #20735724th Sep 2007 9:30 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #20735924th Sep 2007 9:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Maxster

Yes it did include Land Rover Assist for 2 years. QBE she was told was a warranty offered by Ford?

Post #20736124th Sep 2007 10:07 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

That's a good price if it's an extension of the std wty. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #20736624th Sep 2007 10:14 am
PhilipW

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Maxster, Where did QBE warranty offer come from, Dealer or Land Rover themselves? I am in similar position to your wife and like the sound of this.

Post #20739124th Sep 2007 12:07 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

QBE seem to be an insurance company, so I would double check that this is an extension of the same warranty that can be carried out at all LandRover dealers. But as I said before, sounds like a very very good price if the small prints stands up to strutiny. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #20739424th Sep 2007 12:12 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi,

No experience of LR extended warranty, but will be something I'll be thinking of when mine expires. I did go for a Warranty Direct (they're always raved about in the Telegraph) who did end up paying something to one repair in the end, but it was a major battle. I'd be nervous about this sort of thing again and also anything that wasn't Land Rover as they have a blanket 'anything not mentioned isn't covered - also above certain mileage they only cover %ages of the repair.

Even though 3rd party warranties do often cover 4x4 vehicles, they just (in my experience) don't cover all the detail of a complex LR system like the D3.

I had the policy for a 6 year old DII for one year, and then owned the car for a second year without the warranty. Whilst I did claim, I'd have been better off just sticking the cash in the bank for a while.

I just stuck the details of a 60K mile 2004 D3 to get a quote on the Warranty Direct Website.

£652 gets you their Extra Care Policy
ENGINE
Cylinder head, internal bushings, oil pump, crankshaft and bearings, appet gear, valves & guides (excluding burnt or pitted valves), pistons & rings, cylinder bores/liners, con rods, distributor drive, starter ring gear, flywheel, autodrive plate, camshaft drive belts, camshaft & cam followers, cylinder head gasket, cylinder block, crankshaft pulley, turbo/intercooler units, rear main seal, rocker assembly, push rods, timing gears, timing belts & chains.
CLUTCH
The master and slave cylinder, clutch cable and pedal assembly.
TRANSMISSION (Manual, Automatic and Overdrive)
Manual Transmission: gears, synchromesh hubs & rings, selectors, shafts, bearings, drive chains plus gearlever and bushes.
Automatic Transmission: torque converters, brake bands, valve block, governor (manual & electric) oil pump and seals, drive chains, gears, input shaft oil seal, clutches, servos and modulator valve, bearings plus gearlever and bushes.
Overdrive: Gears, shafts and bearings.
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE UNIT
Crown wheel and pinion, differential unit, bushes and bearings, plus external drive shafts, couplings, C.V. joints and rubber boots, hubs, drive flange and universal joints.
REAR AXLE
Crown wheel and pinion, differential unit, shafts, bearings, C.V. joints and rubber boots, oil seal and rear hub, & drive flange.
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM
Front differential, inter-axle differential and lock, rear differential and lock, bearings and shafts, couplings, C.V. joints and rubber boots, hubs and drive flange.
PROPSHAFT
Propshaft, universal joints, centre bearings and oil seals.
SUSPENSION
Shock absorbers, upper and lower wishbones, bushes, springs, spheres, displacer units and wheel bearings, self levelling suspension unit, reservoir, pump and regulator valve.
BRAKING SYSTEM
Master cylinder; brake servo unit, diesel vacuum pump, callipers, wheel cylinders, pressure regulator, ABS pump and control unit. ABS pressure reducing and proportioning valves, handbrake control cables and linkages, brake pedal assembly, self-adjusting mechanisms, abs sensors.
COOLING SYSTEM
Radiator, thermostat, water pump, heater matrix, engine oil cooler, viscous fan, thermostat housing, temperature gauge, electronic control units and control linkages.
STEERING
Rack and pinion, steering box, idler box, column shaft, couplings, steering column tilt mechanism, power steering unit including pump, pressure pipes and reservoir.
FUEL SYSTEM
Mechanical and electrical fuel pumps, airflow meter, injectors (including injector cooling system), overrun cut-off valve, pressure regulator, sensors, throttle body, fuel gauge and tank sender unit. D.I.S. unit and controls, injection pump, injectors, glow plugs, electromagnetic cut-off.
ELECTRONIC IGNITION
Ignition ECU and Ignition Coils where fitted as standard by the manufacturer.
AIR CONDITIONING
Air conditioning compressor pump, condenser, electronic control unit, sensors, magnetic clutch and valves, evaporator and reservoir, fan control and sensors.
ELECTRICS
Internal failure of the starter motor, alternator, regulator, distributor, windscreen wiper motor and tailgate wiper motor, heating fan motor, cooling fan motor, horn, central locking solenoids and motors, electric window motors and sunroof motors, electric door mirror motors and aerial motors, front and rear windscreen washer motors, headlamp adjuster motors, cruise control unit, relays, rev counter, radiator cooling fan, indicator flasher unit.
CASINGS
Casings are covered provided they have been damaged as a result of failure of an insured part or by the consequential damage of an insured part failing.
OIL LEAKS
Notwithstanding exclusion 11 of the policy, this covers the cylinder head gasket and seal or gasket replacement that necessitates the removal of the engine, gearbox/drive unit and drive shafts or differential unit to carry out repairs.
BODYWORK
Tailgate suspension struts.

and £501 gets the standard policy
ENGINE
Cylinder head
Cylinder head gasket
Valves (excluding decarbonisation, burnt or pitted valves and valve seats)
Valve springs
Valve guides
Camshaft and bearings
Cam followers
Hydraulic lifters
Push rods and rocker gear
Timing gears
Chains
Belts and tensioners
Pistons
Piston rings
Cylinder liners and linear seals
Connecting rods and bearings
Gudgeon pins
Crankshaft and bearings
Oil pump and oil pump drive
Distributor drive gear
Distributor drive
Flywheel and ring gear
Flex plate/auto drive plate
Inlet and exhaust manifolds.

TURBOCHARGER
Internal failure of factory fitted turbocharger and wastegate.

GEAR BOX: MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC
Gears
Shafts
Synchromesh hubs rings and selector shafts and forks
Extension shaft
Torque convertor
Automatic transmission clutches and brake bands
Oil pump
Bearings and bushes
Valves and valve block
Governor and servo.

TRANSMISSION
Crown wheel and pinion
Differential gears and bearings
Bushes
Half shaft and half shaft bearings
Driveshafts
Bearings and constant velocity joints
Propshaft universal joints and centre bearing hubs and wheel bearings.

Only the components originally fitted as standard by the manufacturer are covered.

Post #20746124th Sep 2007 2:11 pm
Maxster

It was being offerred by a Land Rover Dealer, I will find out next time I speak to the dealer if it an official Land Rover or aftermarket.

It something I thnk I will do, but would be interested if anyone else has also.

Post #20749724th Sep 2007 3:05 pm
TheGubbins

A quick google came up with this page..

http://www.bestpricecar.com/asp/index.asp?lnk=1106

which seems to be for ford dealers i.e. the warranties are administered by 'Ford Protect Administration' but underwritten by QBE.

Not sure if this is any help mind...

Post #20786625th Sep 2007 10:01 am
Pelyma

England 

I seem to recall Stratstones do their own which does cover vehicles driven off road Shocked
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #20801725th Sep 2007 2:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >