Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Land rover event days
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NikBrown27

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
Land rover event days

My very patient other half bought me a land rover experience half day day for me as a Christmas present and we used it on Friday. It was at The East of England land rover experience centre that is next to Rockingham Castle but the off road course is in the grounds of Rockingham Castle.

I've had my D4 for about a year and like a lot of people know the car is good off road but really had no way of knowing what that actually means. I wanted to drive something akin to the D4 so I had a comparison and know what my car can do so asked for a D5 in advance which they duly gave me on the day.

It's a very well organised setup and after signing the normal wavers (motorsport can be dangerous) we were off on our way. With Covid restrictions we were in a group of three cars. The instructor in a Range rover Sport, another couple in a V8 Range rover big job and us in the D5. All in radio contact via handheld radios.

Bloody hell what a Car is all I can say, what a morning! We had great fun and I learnt a lot. The instructor Darren was good fun with a good sense of humour. He was knowledgeable and was very good at referring back to my D4 for me to know the differences.

I'd recommend it to anybody who has never done this type of day before.

I did learn that the company that runs the experience days is called Protrax and they also run days where you do this all in your own car for about £60. You car will get dusty or muddy but not scratched to pieces. This is something I want to do again and especially in my own car.

They run a few other training / fun days that I'll be looking into, one of them being a a navigation / green lane day.

Post #22902064th May 2022 10:33 am
Barnetman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I also did the same course at rockingham I was impressed by the knowledge of the instructor Harvey. I used the range rover amazing car.if I win the lottery I'll buy one.

Post #22903275th May 2022 9:05 am
NikBrown27

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

I was tempted by the Range Rover. It certainly would be on the bucket list when my numbers come up! As for the D5, I liked it (my other half liked the massage seats) but I do prefer the D4 and wouldn't want to go for the D5. I can see why many have gone to the Volvo or stayed with D4s.

One of the instructors referred to the D5 as not the D4 replacement but more the Range Rover estate car.

Post #22903365th May 2022 9:41 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

many centres do safari days which are good fun...not cheap but a good day out to test your vehicle...the downside is they require insurance cover...and we have found that difficult and expensive to get....we asked why these centres cant get a day insurance to cover you on the day and thats a no no.
the LR experience at solihull factory we found intersting along with a factory visit. clearly you wont see a disco 4 being built.

Post #22904496th May 2022 12:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >