Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

KMAR REAR BAR + MIYCHELL BROS TOW HITCH.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
geoffd53

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi one and all, has anybody fitted a kmar full replacement rear bar with the mitchell bros tow hitch? It appears that the steel bar has a larger gap back to the body. I haven't tryed it yet but it looks like the top fitting won't reach the recovery point for attachment. i have also heard that the PDC plays up with the steel bar as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
 My 08 SE. TdV6 ARB Winch Bar Colour coded. Dual batteries, Snorkel, Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch.Now with Kaymar rear bar and ARB compressor fitted under bonnet.  
Post #37183511th Nov 2008 2:23 am
Brett H

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi, I have both fitted. Kaymar duel wheel carrier and the Mitchell Bros. hitch to my 08 D3. I had to grind some of the Kaymar handle on the right side to be able to close the latch. The hitch looks better than standard, but a little more engineering ( trying it in pre-production ) would of highlighted some problems. Due to the casting of the standard hitch, the two bolts securing the bottom of the Mitchell Bros. hitch , do not tighten in a correct manner , but cocked, as the nuts do not have a flat surface to work against.

Post #37765223rd Nov 2008 1:25 pm
Haggis

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

G'Day. I've got both the Kaymar bar (2 wheels) and Mitchell Bros hitch, I've also got a LRA second tank. In fact my D3 was used for part of the development of the Mitchell Bros hitch. There is another long thread on this here somewhere and some photos in my gallery.

The only 'modification' was a slight enlargement of the Kaymar hole around the trailer sockets. Kaymar was going to include this in future bars - not sure when it was included in production. I do know that Kaymar is now a distributor of the Mitchell Bros hitch.

A PM to either CaverD3 or Mitchellbros4X4 will get you any other infomration you need.
 D3 (06) SE TDV6, Rear Locker, Rear Air, ARB bar w/winch, Safari Snorkel, 110l aux fuel tank, Kaymar rear bar (twin wheel carrier), Black Widow rear storage system, Rhino rack, GME UHF, Codan HF, IPF HID lights, CSA Explorer 17" w/BFG Mud Terrain KM2 - see Australian 4WD Monthly #103  
Post #37872725th Nov 2008 7:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >