DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

JLR dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nebc100

Luxembourg 
JLR dealers

Hello all,

Sorry... I just have to let off steam here...

I have a D5 & a Jaguar e-Pace that were both bought from the JLR dealer Arnold Kontz in Luxembourg.

When I bought them, the salesman was very pleasant and helpful.

The D5 was their own show car and had all options, the colour I wanted and also had the JLR roof rack and spotlights installed.

Price was "OK", and I checked that I could use a roof box on top of the rack, and was told... No problem

So... I bought both cars, and asked for 5 year warranty and also free replacement car for servicing and repairs during warranty period.

All agreed, signed in the dotted line...

Except for the fact that they took 2 weeks to "clean" my D5, and "lost" my wife's e-Pace for nearly 1 month, everything went well.

Both cars have been excellent

BUT...

First time I needed to out the roof box on, I discover.... Doesn't fit!!

Arnold Kontz try with their roof box.... Still doesn't fit.

So... Roof rack has to come off.
To do this they have to remove the spot lights and remove the wiring.

So... I loose €1500 for the roof rack because they refuse to take it back as I have "taken too long to try using the roof box". Sorry... I don't go on holiday more than 1-2 a year!!

I then have to pay to have a DIFFERENT light bar installed.... Another €1000!!

Fast forward a couple of years... Issue with starting. Take it to Arnold Kontz... Replacent car? You have got to be joking!! The salesman has forgotten to tell his boss, who has now left the company, and the new chap doesn't know anything and won't give me a replacement car. The salesman is on Parental leave, and each time he is supposed to come back... He doesn't.
Arnold Kontz refuse to contact him.
The head of after sales tries to tell me that the replacement car is not cover by JLR warranty, and won't listen to me that this was an agreement between me and Arnold Kontz, Not me and JLR. Thank you Mr Jolly... You service is fantastic..... NOT!!
All the staff that knew anything about this agreement have all miraculously "left" the company.

So... Even though Arnold Kontz were show a video of the problem, they wouldn't cover it under warranty because they couldn't give me an appointment until 2 weeks later and the issue had gone!! Fantastic service!! NOT!! Again... Thanks Mr Jolly... You are a great after sales manager!! NOT!!!!

Then last week... Check engine light on dashboard. Take it to Arnold Kontz... They look at it during the day, and say there is a repair to be done. Covered by extended warranty.
"When will you be able to do the repai?": Don't know.
"How long will you need the car": don't know
"How long till you get the parts": don't know.
GREAT SERVICE Mr Jolly!! NOT!!!!

Go collect the car after the diagnostic... Ask if I can drive the car... "How would I know... I am not a mechanic!"... Nice answer Mr Jolly!!
When I ask them to give in writing that I can drive the car... They refuse!!

So... I went to JLR Metz...

They take 1 week nearly just to send the request to the warranty company!!
Great service Mr LIUZZO!!! NOT!!

Got the Warranty Approval today... First appointment they can give me is...... 20th JUNE!!!

So... Great service Mr LIUZZO!!!! NOT!!!!!

When I complain that a €100000+ Discovery 5 will basically be off the road for 4-5 weeks with no replacement car, they were simply not concerned.

So....hung up on dear Mr LIUZZO, and called LR Trier...

What a difference... They will contact the warranty company tomorrow and should be able to do repair next week!!

So... How can JLR have such FANTASTIC service from their dealers!!!???!!! Do they simply not care?

At least ONE dealer near me seems to have an idea of what good service is!!!

Well Done JLR Trier!!!

Post #229184816th May 2022 8:26 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well nebc100, you are indeed lucky to have ONE dealer near you, that does offer decent service. Many of us in the UK certainly don’t Laughing ……. I agree, most are shockingly bad, and literally couldn’t care less, once they have your money Twisted Evil ……..So much so, that mine hasn’t been near a LR dealership in 11 of its 16 year life ( 1st 5 yrs under warranty/ extended warranty, so I had no choice)….. I will never touch the brand again.. Whistle……. Hope you get the results you need. Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #229186716th May 2022 10:31 pm
kevofcov

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

"Well nebc100, you are indeed lucky to have ONE dealer near you, that does offer decent service. Many of us in the UK certainly don’t Laughing ……. I agree, most are shockingly bad, and literally couldn’t care less, once they have your money Twisted Evil ……..So much so, that mine hasn’t been near a LR dealership in 11 of its 16 year life ( 1st 5 yrs under warranty/ extended warranty, so I had no choice)….. I will never touch the brand again.. Whistle……. Hope you get the results you need. Thumbs Up"

I agree with DN. I could not get away from main dealers fast enough. Find a good independent LR garage or learn to do stuff yourself. Charge the oil every 5 or 6 thousand miles, keep the receipts and the next owner will love you.

Post #229264722nd May 2022 7:14 pm
nebc100

Luxembourg 

I agree. On my last LRs I did the servicing myself. The issue is with the warranty... I am not permitted to do anything myself, and everything has to be done at a LR dealer.

I will see how it goes in Trier, but so far I have been impressed with how "helpful" they have been.

Shame that the LR garage here in Luxembourg don't seem to even care at all about their clients!!

Post #229264822nd May 2022 7:18 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

kevofcov wrote:
Charge the oil every 5 or 6 thousand miles

Shocked

I heard of charging the battery but not the oil Laughing
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #229264922nd May 2022 7:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >