Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Its good to talk!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Its good to talk!

Way back in early Nov 08 (about a week or two before the end of our warranty), I experienced a failure of our left hand side EGR on a trip back from Scotland to Colchester with a clients porsche in the back, struggling back to Colchester we had its diagnosed by LRA mobile man, "Dan the Man" who met us on the Saturday afternoon at the drop off, got recovered (with empty car trailer) back to Swindon.

"Dan the man" made LRA aware of our need for a 4x4 with TOW BAR for the next weeks work. Suffice to say on the Sunday it appeared that we might have to make other arrangements which is just as well coz Enterprise could not find a 4X4 with tow bar anywhere in the country (allegely) until the following Tuesday end of play (despite not willing to cross hire from SHB 4x4 a D3, with fixed tow bar, that I got organised on the Sunday morning for collection 7.am on the Monday!!).

Cut a long story short, fired off a letter last week with receipts to LR Customer care (by recorded delivery) outlining the long pertracted events leading to our unwarranted expense of having to pay the best part of £400 quid for two days hire of an alternative (mileage limit is very tiny at SHB4X4 by the way).

I am pleased to say, LR Customer Relations for LR Uk have just sent me back a very sincere letter of opology (probably a template on someones pc!!), explaining they'll forward our letter to Enterprise & LRA for further comment and investigation but " In regonition of your dissappointment, I would like to offer you by way of a goodwill gesture to cover the next service on your Discovery 3 " Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

TLO you will have a post !!!!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #4183799th Feb 2009 1:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >