Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Any Issues to Consider When Buying March 2005 HSE TDV6 Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dixie Dean

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Any Issues to Consider When Buying March 2005 HSE TDV6 Disco

I have seen an ad at my local dealer Hartwell, St Helens for the following vehicle:

Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Registration MA05HGY
Date 01/03/2005 Mileage 8496 Zambezi Silver Ebony Black
Leather Automatic Diesel £35,995

Privacy glass
Towing equipment

Are there any issues I should be aware of regarding a vehicle of this age regarding is build (i.e. is it a first build rather than a second - do vehicles of that age have any other issues to be aware of)

Post #567326th May 2006 10:55 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the site Very Happy

Sounds like a reasonable vehicle but ask your dealer for the full history of the vehicle detailing what maintenance and warranty work has been done to it and if it was rejected by the previous owner(s).
Although newer vehicles seem to have less issues than older ones it's a bit like chaos theory so unpredictable whether you'll have issues or not.
It's a 05MY vehicle, HSE spec was upped for 06MY, it's low milage but expensive! If you can stretch your budget a bit further you can get a brand new HSE for a few thousand more with a full 3 warranty rather than getting one with less than 2 years left - do a search for the 'Best Price' thread to get an idea of what you may be able to get one for

Si
 The End  
Post #567376th May 2006 11:22 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Same date of birth, mileage, spec and sticker price as mine. That was a few months ago, so I would expect a good £1 - 1.5K off that price by now, plus some negotiation.

Check that the privacy glass is privacy glass and not a film tint (if that bothers you)and that you have the keys to the tow-bar.

I did a warranty database check on mine and found the entire rear parking brake system had been replaced.

As for spec, the major items on the MY06 are the fridge and the PTI telephone prep, which are not exactly easy retro-fixes. But you may get them to throw in the little mat that they introduced to sit in front of the sat nav.

A pushy customer may get an newer sat nav disk too, perhaps from another car... mine had a disk from 2003!

The latest software updates make the car much better than our original model year, so make sure you get these done too. I asked for it to be done pre-delivery and my dealer confirmed they had all been done. This turned out to be BS and it took my new dealer to sort it all out.

Apart from that, make sure that the 10 amp washer fluid fuse has been replaced with a 15 amp before the next winter and go and enjoy.

(It was a stretch for me to aford the car at the price given, so even a few extra thousand was not an option (I don't borrow dosh or cut corners with the family.))

Post #567547th May 2006 10:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >