Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

isofix child seat and rear seat room.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LRkarlak

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 4
isofix child seat and rear seat room.

The car isn't here at the moment to check. Can the middle row of seats be slid forward and backwards, when in the upright/seating position to give more leg, boot space. We fitted a car seat to the isofix for the grand daughter, it swivels to allow easy putting them in and out, but to move it the rear facing position, the front seat has to be slid way forward, as the child seat hits the back of the front driver seat. Didn't have this issue with the sensible mid size family hatchback we previously had the car seat in. Just seems crazy that the Disco has less rear seat room.
 D4 HSE Lux. my 2015 . Mariana Black  
Post #227934017th Feb 2022 10:57 am
James W

United Kingdom 

I had exactly the same problem with two isofix seats - lots of room around and above my 4yo girls for the top half, but was completely surprised on lack of 'leg room' especially when it's fine for adults. My wife's Berlingo had much more room for them to swing their legs

I put it down to the rear stadium seating in the Discovery which puts their legs much higher up the seat in front - which itself leans back more, the further it goes up (if that makes sense). In a hatchback their legs would be lower down the seat in front, which is further forward.

To further prove my theory they have loads of room in my L405 despite getting rapidly bigger! With exactly the same seats. The L405 doesn't have the stepped roof with the stadium seating.

Oh sorry to answer your question, I don't believe the middle row seats can be moved fore/aft on any model of D4.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Last edited by James W on 17th Feb 2022 11:34 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #227934617th Feb 2022 11:33 am
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

No the middle row seats do not slide at all.
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #227934717th Feb 2022 11:34 am
Shealesy

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Strange. Our rear facing ISOFIX seat leaves ample space, in the Disco, in the passenger seat for either myself at 6’1” or SWMBO who is 5’8” but all leg (to the point that we have the same seat position for driving). It’s not a rotating affair mind, just a straight forward rear facer that will lift out if he’s still asleep when we get where we’re going.

The big “family estate” Insignia is a different matter… even the mother in law at barely 5’ struggles to sit in front of the same baby seat. And don’t get my started on boot space. It’ll take three big dogs with room to spare, but one reasonable sized pram folded in, and it’s full.

Thankfully the wee man is gaining mass and strength at such a colossal rate, that he’ll be in a forward facing seat for the holiday drive in 6 weeks or so. Should leave us ample space whether we take the Insignia or the Disco (if it’s proving itself trustworthy at that point…)
 D3 HSE - MY05 - Java black
Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer
GAP IIDBT G3
2x Colliewobbles and a Kelpie 

Post #227939217th Feb 2022 2:58 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Forward facing can still mean passenger seat needs pushing forward a greater distance than you'd expect.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #227939917th Feb 2022 3:46 pm
James W

United Kingdom 

Yep, agreed - I was talking about forward facing and at the age where the legs are dangling (or kicking the back of dad's seat Censored Laughing )

When they were very diddy and in their small rear-facing seats, it wasn't an issue.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #227940317th Feb 2022 4:00 pm
LRkarlak

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 4

Thankyou for the replies.. Have set the Seat memory 3 for ISOFIX loading position. Very Happy
 D4 HSE Lux. my 2015 . Mariana Black  
Post #227940517th Feb 2022 4:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >