Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Ipod Intergration, Reverse Camera and DVD Audio
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
anthony604266

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Ipod Intergration, Reverse Camera and DVD Audio

Sorry about this I am new to the forum, I have been reading posts all day and found some greate stuff (thanks wiggs) what i cant seem to find is how to connect the audio for dvd playback i have found the info on the 3 sockets on the back of the head unit and ordered the connectors.

To get a reverse camera to work is there anything else to it apart from connecting the signal cable to the head unit, is there a trigger required etc etc.

I have a 2005 (no tv) HSE what is the best way to connect an Ipod for audio playback and charging i read talk of a belkin amp/charger but no metion of a model number etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Post #29786512th May 2008 1:16 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Welcome to the site. Thumbs Up

Aux can be connected into the socket at the rear of the center consul.

Or a more permenant fixture can be done in a few places ..look here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic17945.html

Reversing camera will not work when you put it into reverse Big Cry ..you have to manually enter the diagnostic mode to switch it on.

I am trying out an interface box at the moment that will give you PC input ,AV1 , AV2 and a reversing cam signal automatically ( when you put in in reverse ) however im haveing a few probs with it ..so it may be a no -goer Sad

I will post more in the next couple of days ..

Quickest and easiest for your ipod would be to take a lead fron your headphone socket on the ipod to the aux connector on the car ..although Alpine are supposedly realeaseing a module that would give you full functions through your touch screen.
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #29787812th May 2008 1:51 pm
anthony604266

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks for the quick answers! somehow i new that you would be the one to answer the questions. Let me know how you get on with the intergration kit. Any ideas on my other post "how to download contacts from a nokia E51"?

Many thanks again Very Happy

Post #29788412th May 2008 2:10 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

No sorry ..i have only got the LR after market bluetooth kit ..which doesn't do the phonebook downloading
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #29788512th May 2008 2:16 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

anthony604266 wrote:
Thanks for the quick answers! somehow i new that you would be the one to answer the questions. Let me know how you get on with the intergration kit. Any ideas on my other post "how to download contacts from a nokia E51"?

Many thanks again Very Happy

You need to check the landrover site for compatibility, Land Rover Bluetooth site link

There is another thread on here with the details, but post VIN 441XXX (details in other thread) have the BT sync as standard, earlier models need an update to support BT sync.

I am reading the same stuff at the moment, as my basic nokia works fine for BT sync but the wifes (supported) blackberry does not.

Post #29827013th May 2008 2:06 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The E51 works for me with phone book.

You need to get the software updated on the phone kit on the car which was quite a battle at the time and you have to pay for.

A little tip though, my car kit would not recover from a 'no service' message if you tried to make a phone call in a area with no coverage. When back in coverage you still got 'no service' on the phone display. I reported this and the dealer loaded new software which happened to enable the bluetooth phone upgrade.

If they say your phone is not compatible (it isn't on their list) say it happens with your wife's 6230i phone (I think that was on the list but check) and that should do it.

However there were bugs with the upgrade and I think the upgrade was withdrawn for a while and not sure if it got put back.

So what I am really saying is I don't know but the software upgrade worked for me... Very Happy

This thread may help http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic16136.html?highlight=nokia

Post #29836913th May 2008 5:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >