Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

IPOD integration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

the land rover unit is really limited from what I have read. There is no display of track names or songs, you have to search on the iPod for the music - thats why its designed to be mounted next to the steering wheel, its really just a £150 audio input with up/down buttons!

I think the drive + play is the best solution outside of a replacement radio, not an option for most people unless you have base spec, as the amp is linked with a MOST bus and you need all sorts of really expensive adapters.

Post #41909010th Feb 2009 12:13 pm
Pelyma

England 

Or the parrot system JKP mentioned
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #41911710th Feb 2009 1:03 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Recieved my HK kit today. Plugged it all together and jury rigged it in the car. Works really well and the sound is good as well. Easy controls, nice screen to read from. Just got to hide all the cables and brain for it now. Ajob for the weekend.
If I use the aux lead that comes with the kit is the an aux socket in the kick panel or do I have to alter the cables slightly. I'm not very good when it comes to wiring and adjusting things Crying or Very sad
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #42000711th Feb 2009 6:01 pm
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Mark

What device did you hook up to the HK??

Is the HK not FM modulation via the car stereo for transfer of sound or does it need to be hard wired to ICE system.

Thumbs Up

Post #42020011th Feb 2009 10:00 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

The kit comes with the FM modulation cable. There is a 3.5mm jack socket on the brain unit. So I tried my old lead and plugged the brain to the aux socket on the rear of the cubby box. All works fine. I may pull the stereo out and use the FM modulation lead. If I can pluck up courage to pull the dash apart Shocked .

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #42029411th Feb 2009 11:34 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Mark,
If you pull the head unit out, you might as well connect direct to the Aux input; the sound quality using the FM aerial will not be as good.
One benefit I found (also from lame, leave it all on the console "install") was that when restarting the car, the device starts playing from the point it left off.
It didn't like swapping of iPods whilst it was switched on, but iPhone did work eventually, after cycling the power.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #42032712th Feb 2009 12:03 am
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Is there an aux socket on the back of the head unit or should I use the aux socket in the footwell that everyone talks about? I'm very nervous of pulling panels off the car. Er indoors would kill me if I broke bits of it

Post #42033712th Feb 2009 12:08 am
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Well finaly pulled the dash out "H" panel to do some other bits. Pulled the radio out at the same time, but thee is no AUX socket on the rear of the head unit.
Had a look at the kick panel. Undid the bonnet release catch but couldn't pull the panel off. Any ideas or should I just tug a bit harder Bow down

Post #42164214th Feb 2009 12:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >