Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

iPod ACM integration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
norrisr4

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
iPod ACM integration

I have had fitted the iPod Integration Kit (ACM) to my 07HSE.

Problem: The manual says the iPod should pause when I de-select AUX on the radio or switch off the ignition. Mine just keeps playing. It only goes into pause once the ignition has been off for a while (and that is just the iPod doing what it should when you 'eject' it). Dose anyone else with the ACM experience this with their iPod?

R

Post #40122112th Jan 2009 8:50 pm
bobbycrispbox

Australia 

This matches my experience - I think it's normal. The signal that tells the ipod to pause is the same as the one that turns the amp off, which happens about 10 minutes after you turn the ignition off (i.e. when the clock goes off on the head unit). Deselecting AUX has no effect AFAIK. Sounds to me like the manual is wrong.

Post #40125912th Jan 2009 9:22 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

bobbycrispbox wrote:
This matches my experience - I think it's normal.

Yep...mine too....it's normal Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #40129412th Jan 2009 10:13 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Same here Thumbs Up

Post #40129712th Jan 2009 10:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
umbertob

United States 

Not only will the iPod not stop playing when you switch input from AUX to something else, the FF>> / <<REW steering wheel button - the one you normally use to advance or back up through tracks - will continue controlling the iPod if you press it, even though you are listening to another audio source! Laughing
 Umberto B
2006 RRS HSE white / ebony / lux / RSE / PTI / LRD / Sirius. Going, going...
2013 LR4 HSE red / arabica / black pack / 7-seat lux / HD pack / RSE / Vison Assist / Sirius 

Post #40137413th Jan 2009 1:01 am
norrisr4

I've booked it in to be looked at. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't do what it says it does in the manual.

Post #40254515th Jan 2009 8:08 am
PaulP

My manual doesn't say anything about pausing the iPod when AUX is deselected and I don't know why it would as the AUX button is internal to the radio (IHU) - none of the actual radio buttons are connected to or affect the iPod operation.

Can you copy the section of the manual on here for us?

Cheers,
Paul
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #40254615th Jan 2009 8:18 am
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

PaulP wrote:
My manual doesn't say anything about pausing the iPod when AUX is deselected and I don't know why it would as the AUX button is internal to the radio (IHU)

If you've got an integrated solution, this is exactly what I'd expect it to do. You don't expect the CD to keep playing in the background while you're listening to the radio - why should the ipod?

Out of interest, does anyone with this problem also have Bluetooth integration? Does the iPod pause on a call (again, as the CD player does)?

Martin

Post #40255715th Jan 2009 9:26 am
PaulP

My comments were based upon how the ACM actually works with the vehicle systems. It reads the voltage from the steering wheel buttons resistance ladder and controls the iPod based upon these button presses.

There is no 'feedback' from the actual IHU to the ACM kit which is why the aux button does not affect the iPod in any way.

I also don't think that the iPod is actually paused when the ignition is out for some time - it is simply turned off.

I agree that an integrated solution should do more things - including showing tracks/playlists etc on the satnav/IHU screens and allowing control from the IHU buttons, but we have to remember that the ACM is always fitted as a post-build accessory and is not something hard-coded or implemented into the entertainment systems of the D3.
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #40257115th Jan 2009 10:04 am
norrisr4

The book says...

"Once AUX is selected, the audio system will continue playing a previously selected playlist, track or default to the play all feature"

It also says...
"When a track has been selected from the 'Playlist', 'Albums' or 'Artists' and the starter switch is reset (turned off and on), the track will continue to play and you can scan through the tracks using the controls as normal"

Post #40257515th Jan 2009 10:10 am
umbertob

United States 

norrisr4 wrote:
The book says...

"Once AUX is selected, the audio system will continue playing a previously selected playlist, track or default to the play all feature"

If it's a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long track (or playlist), it will "continue" playing alright... But not necessarily from where you left off. Wink It does not say the iPod pauses when you deselect the AUX input. I'm afraid your ACM is working as intended: It's just a hack of the original infotainment system, better than nothing but a hack nevertheless.
 Umberto B
2013 LR4 HSE red / arabica / black pack / 7-seat lux / HD pack / RSE / Vison Assist / Sirius 

Post #40316716th Jan 2009 2:06 am
norrisr4

I've been in discussions with Land Rover and they agree that the ACM does not do what it says in the book. I'm getting my money back and keeping the ACM. Does anyone know of a better solution?

Post #40415617th Jan 2009 8:31 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Anthing better than getting your money back AND keeping the ACM! How much better do you want it!!!!? Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #40419117th Jan 2009 9:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
primoreggazzo

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

ive just had one fitted yesterday.....left it in all night....ipod hadnt switched off nor would it recharge it ....had to bring it indoors and charge on the bose system..........on another note about installation.....turned up thinking i was only going to be at the dealership for and hour as the dealership said they were only going to charge me for 1 hours labour...... Rolling with laughter ended up driving away in a loan car....4 hours later..... Whistle

Post #4158685th Feb 2009 6:46 pm
umbertob

United States 

Check that the iPod interface cable is securely connected to the module (assuming you know where they put the ACM when they installed it), the plug at the end of that cable is a bit finicky and if it's not fully inserted in its receptacle the iPod may very well fail to charge and/or go into standby mode.
 Umberto B

Post #4160505th Feb 2009 10:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >