DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Iphone issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Mathijs

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Iphone issues

Hi there,

Finally I am driving and loving my Disco3! But still, i'm very fresh, i must confess...

Already managed to connect an Iphone via Bluetooth, which allows me to call handsfree, but two questions I have:

- Is there any way to enhance the quality of my D3 build in microphone? People that i call with, have a very hard time hearing me.
- And are there any possibilities to play my iPhone songs via bluetooth?

Cheers! Thumbs Up

Mathijs

Post #4352618th Mar 2009 10:42 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Youi can adjust the microphone level of the in built mic, but it didn't seem to make much difference on mine. If yoiu can turn the sound level down it seems to make a difference as they can hear you & not themselves when speaking.

As for the music over BT, not possible I'm afraid. You can get the LR ACM module for the iphone around £120 from Yeovil Landrover or other cheaper clip on FM transmitter things. Or just an audio cabl;e to the Aux in Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4354799th Mar 2009 10:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

How do you adjust the mic level please?
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #4354979th Mar 2009 11:22 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Now I've got to try to remember.........

Will try and have a look at lunchtime on where it was..... Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4355289th Mar 2009 12:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
London Lad

Hi, Don't waste too much time on looking, its just a few callers have mentioned that my audio from the D3 was a bit on the low side but its no big deal. Thumbs Up
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #4355409th Mar 2009 12:40 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Had same, pressed up volume on iPhone mid call helped enormously. No repeat of issue.

Post #4355489th Mar 2009 12:49 pm
London Lad

Hi, The audio in the car is OK, its the audio from the car's mic being sent by the iphone that is being reported as low. ?

Post #4355669th Mar 2009 1:26 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Thumbs Up

Post #4355769th Mar 2009 1:58 pm
baart

Poland 2011 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Barolo BlackLR4

now I got a r e a l issue with iphone:

my younger boy has thrown it down the toilet
 | Il boit pour oublier qu'il vit
Il dort pour oublier qu'il boit
C'est un bien triste
Un bien triste sort |

Post #43621010th Mar 2009 3:05 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

You're really in the Censored !!! Rolling with laughter
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #43621110th Mar 2009 3:06 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

baart wrote:
now I got a r e a l issue with iphone:

my younger boy has thrown it down the toilet

Well, that takes care of his pocket money for a few years.

If you didn't know, there are moisture 'detectors' in the iPhone that allow a repair person to see whether the device has got wet, so that "it just stopped working" warranty claims can be denied.

You can make out one of them at the bottom of the headphone socket; a white dot that will turn pink/red on contact with liquid.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #43622210th Mar 2009 3:24 pm
Mathijs

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Guys, thanks! I've done more research on the iphone mic thing; called some more people, adjusted te volumes here and there. It's all better now...

Still one more question is still very much alive:

What's the best method (plug and play product) to play my iphone songs via Disco speakers?

Shocked

Post #43658511th Mar 2009 9:50 am
SLiK LR

England 

Hi Guys.
Can anyone confirm the part number please for the LR G3 Iphone intergration kit as I think I have seen two possibilities. Also does it come with a cradle to hold the little beauty?

Thanks.

Al
 Life is like a dogsled team if you aint the lead dog the scenery never changed  
Post #43662511th Mar 2009 11:53 am
baart

Poland 2011 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Barolo BlackLR4

Mathijs wrote:
Guys, thanks! I've done more research on the iphone mic thing; called some more people, adjusted te volumes here and there. It's all better now...

What's the best method (plug and play product) to play my iphone songs via Disco speakers?

Shocked

it won't play via bluetooth (due iphone's firmware) so u need to buy something

IMHO best one is harman kardon drive +play but expensive and some work need to be done before all is in place and works

simplest and fastest; iphone dedicated FM Transmitter

see here (pretty old but still worth reading); http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/...ntegration

AND yes I know about moisture detectors; at the moment iphone is fully covered in a bowl of rice (it's higroscopic and won't do any harm to iphone), the problem is iphone has switched on itself after taken out from the water and it took me some 20-30secs before I managed to switch off ,
gonna try to switch it on next w/end (this solution worked for some people here)
if not there are some guys here who can do their magic and make drowned iphone work for some 50 quids as long as touch screen is not broken
 | Il boit pour oublier qu'il vit
Il dort pour oublier qu'il boit
C'est un bien triste
Un bien triste sort |

Post #43670311th Mar 2009 3:17 pm
mehari

Belgium 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

baart wrote:
Mathijs wrote:

Shocked

it won't play via bluetooth (due iphone's firmware) so u need to buy something

IMHO best one is harman kardon drive +play but expensive and some work need to be done before all is in place and works

simplest and fastest; iphone dedicated FM Transmitter

see here (pretty old but still worth reading); http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/...ntegration

AND yes I know about moisture detectors; at the moment iphone is fully covered in a bowl of rice (it's higroscopic and won't do any harm to iphone), the problem is iphone has switched on itself after taken out from the water and it took me some 20-30secs before I managed to switch off ,
gonna try to switch it on next w/end (this solution worked for some people here)
if not there are some guys here who can do their magic and make drowned iphone work for some 50 quids as long as touch screen is not broken

baart,

first there is something you need to explain with your signature... "les negresses vertes" isn't the kind of song I expect to have quoted in Warsaw... so what's the deal ? Laughing Laughing

for our newbie, no the iPhone won't play music through bluetooth... this would have been such a great feature that even Apple couldn't deliver... just imagine what it would be if the iPhone would have been powered by Bill's operating system. In order to hear the beat, you need to get the iPod cradle which, despite the message that it won't, works perfectly with both the original iPhone and the 3G. You need to bent slightly the upper attach to get the phone in and then it is just great... you'll still be able to use the Handsfree bluetooth feature and there will be no GSM type of parasites (tapadam, tapadam...), nor even dropped bluetooth pairing (which was the case with the early systems..) It is an expensive item but it'sreally worth it.

Don't get overexcited, it's not all great but compared to other brands (which simply refuse to charge de Phone through the connector) it's pretty much OK... Before that I've been using some FM transmitter solution but get ready to change channels quite often as the FM band is quite crowded and, if you live in some (sub)urban areas, you'll have a hard time finding an acceptable frequency...
 A second D3 ! This time with all whistles and bells (Auto, 7seats, Diff Lock, RAI, all kinds of protections, winch, Extended range tank, iPod adapter....)
First time twice the same car ! and first time third car of the same brand !

I'm loving it ! 

Post #43698311th Mar 2009 10:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >