Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Internal rear sill trims loose.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Internal rear sill trims loose.

I had to lift up the rear driver's side sill trim a little to get the rear luggage cover back under today and now the trim panel is loose when I fit it back again.

First attempt the rear most spring clip fell in the hole so I had to fish it out and when I put it back the sill trim just isnt clipping down nice and firm like the opposite side.

I am not sure if it is the top trim that needs a new metal clip or the receiver plastic trim on the bottom that has had a clip come out or broken off as there seems to be far too much upwards play in it. The latter does seem more likely.

From the parts diagram, it looks like the plastic under trim clips in with these - LR013135 - but it doesn't show where or how many.

Are the metal clips prone to failure or single use (I did bend it back into shape).

Cheers!

Does anyone know or had this before? Looks like an awkward job..

In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #21845024th Nov 2020 8:58 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Cheap plastic crap and a poor design, they never seem to go back on as they came off.. make sure no tabs are bent over and not locating the in the hole's. Also like you have found out once a clip drops through the holes they are Censored to fish out.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #21845535th Nov 2020 9:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Cheers, I will go and have a look in the daylight later if I can but the two clips were biting the plastic tabs and in their locating slots.
Seems to me there is a clip on the bottom tray that has come out or broken because that has too much vertical movement. Can't see (even though it was dark) how it fixes otherwise ;(.
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #21845685th Nov 2020 10:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >