Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Indicators not flashing (but dash and clicker still working)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Just caution.

You don’t want to block in your second car or whatever

Post #20902667th Oct 2019 10:13 am
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

If the trailer lights all work correctly then it should only be connections on the faulty side as the circuits are plugged off the main ones on the Left-hand side, that is where you should start. You could even unplug the trailer circuit and go back to normal for fault finding

Post #209300217th Oct 2019 2:28 am
flatoutintop

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Finally got to the bottom of this, the indicator issue turned out to be a bad earth or short caused by water in the passenger footwell. Discovered when I started taking the lower glovebox trim off to get to the CJB. I’m guessing it was a sunroof drain in behind the CJB, but I blew it out with an airline and ran some water through and it seemed to be exiting ok behind the FL wheel arch liner....
There’s a chance it might be perished at the bulkhead, or might be the windscreen seal too?

Either way I’ve pulled all the floor trim up around the glove box and along the side of the sill to dry it out, and everything seems to work fine now. Phew! Found some wires in the loom that have previously been joined, and then put back together in a proper Censored fashion, trapping some wires between the body and trim plastics which have resulted in badly kinked wires and wear where they’ve been constantly trodden on trough the carpet 😤

So in case anyone has similar problems and the bulbs are fine, check for water ingress IN the car!

Post #209302117th Oct 2019 7:18 am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I guess this might be useful to some?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZiOrW6-g4

It addresses the issue of the drain and shows the CJB removal/installation. Noting the steering wheel is on the 'wrong' side of the car Rolling Eyes

Just a thought Thumbs Up
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #209307717th Oct 2019 10:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >