Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

independent landrover approved garages.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rnlisg

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
independent landrover approved garages.

hi i live in kent and like most am concerned about the cost of servicing at main dealers.has anyone dealt with
a company called rcv(roberts country vehicles)?they are based in east peckham nr maidstone,and their prices are just over half of l/r/m/dlrs.
cheers
sandy

Post #68450120th Aug 2010 7:30 pm
ramblinrookie

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just had the 90K service done on mine by a local independent in Biggin Hill - Holmes4x4. Phoned round Beadles, Harwoods in Edenbridge and RCV. What swung it for me was location, quoted cost and the fact that my previous landrovers have been serviced by this guy's dad over the last 15 years.
Got them to check the suspension and they reported excessive play in the rear hydrabushes on the front wishbones, good news is that the entire service + complete new lower wisbones fitted came in at less than the quoted 90K mile service cost from a certain LR main dealer. The bushes alone would have been less costly, but at this mileage I reckoned the lower ball joints and other bushings must be suspect.
Only time will tell if the alignment is up to scratch but so far - well pleased Very Happy
 06 Discovery 3 HSE
95 Discovery 1 tdi300 Gone but not forgotten
89 Range Rover 3500 V8 Ditto
Addictive blighters these Landrovers....Thought I had the bug bad - obviously just a beginner. 

Post #68458820th Aug 2010 11:26 pm
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have heard of them, but never used them. I only use main dealers, got one I am happy with, so staying put! Got first service with the D3 next month, and was told it should be cheaper to service than my Defender was.

cheers
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #68460921st Aug 2010 9:01 am
ramblinrookie

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thing that amazed me was the variability of what should be included in a 3/4 year/90K service from all parties concerned (get a copy of the service schedule and ask them what they have included in their quoted service price - its an eye opener).

My supplying dealer (not main dealer) had serviced the beast at 77K so I didn't have a pristine "main dealer' service history to maintain, besides, from experience, simply paying more does not equate to better service (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

In my call round one main dealer was about 40% cheaper than the other, and would have got the business because they had correctly diagnosed what had to be done according to the LR schedule (i.e. showed better product knowledge).

In the end went local because of past experience and trust (they fixed a D3 EPB problem that 'warranty' work at the supplying dealer failed to), even so (and sadly, as I review the evidence) found it a hard decision to make, there's an inherent feeling that main dealers "should" be better (and I'm sure some are) - not just more expensive. However if they can't tell you what will be included accurately you have to wonder.....
 06 Discovery 3 HSE
95 Discovery 1 tdi300 Gone but not forgotten
89 Range Rover 3500 V8 Ditto
Addictive blighters these Landrovers....Thought I had the bug bad - obviously just a beginner. 

Post #68461521st Aug 2010 9:52 am
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I completely agree, just because you pay more doesn't equate to a better service. I'm happy with the work done on all of my vehicles with the different brand main dealers that I use. Until they mess up, then I don't have any need to change any of them.

cheers
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #68462121st Aug 2010 10:06 am
Andy_RS2113

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

TFC... Whistle
 Peter, are you drunk? No, I'm just exhaused cos I've been up all night drinking...  
Post #68515523rd Aug 2010 12:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >