Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Independant Servicing in Bristol/Gloucester area
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
arnie8

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Independant Servicing in Bristol/Gloucester area

Coming up to 15k mile service in next 2 months, anyone got any suggestions for best/cheapest servicing in Bristol (work) or Gloucester (home) area?

Post #25844212th Feb 2008 2:39 pm
cheddarwards

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

i paid £240 all in for my first service at Hunters in Bristol back in September

Post #25848612th Feb 2008 4:27 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

A little bit of a trip, but Yeovil Land Rover give excellent service to forum members. Their parts manager posts on here as "The Large One" and offers a members' discount on parts.

Post #25848912th Feb 2008 4:33 pm
simmybear

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I seem to recall somebody mentioning T H White at Sherston as being good , they wouldn't be too far out your way.

SIMON

Post #25860412th Feb 2008 8:42 pm
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have not yet had the first service done on mine yet but I took mine into Stratstones in Staverton, Gloucester for my front fog lights. They even lent me a car (or would have collected and returned mine) and rang me when it was ready. When I picked it up they ran through everything had done.

Very impressed actually considering how bad their sales department is.

Thumbs Up
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #25864612th Feb 2008 9:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
arnie8

Thanks chaps.
I will probably give Hunters a try if I can match the cheap price Cheddarwards got quoted.

I was planning to use Steve Hill in Bristol as he is a small independant. I used him to do all my D2 servicing and he was very good and generally 20% cheaper than the stealer. However, I have been advised by Land Rover Customer Services that, yes, Steve Hill is OK to do the in Warranty servicing, but I would still have to get a Main dealer to perform a corrossion check once a year to maintain the 6 year anti corrosion warranty. How much a dealer would charge for this simple look see would probably be the difference between using Steve Hill and taking it to them to do the service in the first place. Bit of a dilema.

I have a quote of Stratstones in Cheltenham which is where I bought it from in the first place. They quoted me £350 inc VAT which is'nt bad. However, I am not that impressed with these guys as when I bought it I had them fit the tow pack and their dimwitted technicians "forgot" to connect the wiring loom to the cars electrics. Theres me with a fully loaded trailer hitched up ready for the off and no electrics. In my letter of complaint I declared I would not let them any where near my motor ever again!!

We shall see. I have 2000 miles to decide. Thanks again for the suggestions and advice.

Post #25897313th Feb 2008 2:47 pm
cheddarwards

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

arnie8

If you want me details & reg number to quote at Hunters send me a pm. I had to push to get this price, but they did a decent enough job & i got a D3 loaner for the day.

Post #25899313th Feb 2008 3:43 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Arnie8/Shrinky

I'd avoid Stratstones by Staverton like the plague for anything but warranty stuff. Yes they do look after you and are competant; but in my opinion they are rip-off merchants. I was foolish enough not to check around before taking it in for the 30k service and got charged £534 Shocked

Checked against several other dealers for exactly the same service items and found on average I could have saved £200.00 - as such I'm going to Yeovil for the next service - that way I can take TLO out for lunch and repay some of the favours he's done. Plus I'll still have change in the pocket from what Stratstones Cheltenham would charge me.

Regards.

DN
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #25900013th Feb 2008 4:10 pm
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks,DN I will bear that in mind and shop around. Thumbs Up Its a shame really because they are less than a mile from my office. Saying that though I had to go to TH White in Wooton Basset to buy the car as the dick head sales manger at Stratstones quoted me for an HSE plus the cost of an auto box plus the cost of metallic paint which are all standard Thud
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #25910213th Feb 2008 8:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
arnie8

The best I can get is £280 inc. VAT at MJ Fews, with Hunters in Bristol at £285. Both include coutesy car or collect and drop off if booked atleast 2 weeks in advance. Certainly better than Stratstones in Cheltenham who quoted £350!! Probably go for MJF deal as I can drop mine off and collect courtesy car on way to work in Bristol.

I had wanted to use Steve Hill in Bristol as he is independant. He quoted me £265 including pick up and drop off. However, LandRover Customer services claim that the Anti corrossion check must be done by an authorised dealer. Steve Hill say this is not a problem, but can't provide me any written guarantees therefore will pay the extra £15 for peace of mind on corrossion warranty.

Thanks for your help. £280 seems fair for a dealer service. Looks like there are some good dealers out there ifyou look hard enough, just not local to where I live - Doh!!

Post #25996215th Feb 2008 8:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >