Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Impending Warranty Expiration - Checklist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Impending Warranty Expiration - Checklist

Folks , Im only 5 k ( Klms) away from my warranty end ( 100 K klms) and I'm trying to build up a checklist so that when I'm in for my last service next week I can cross reference it with what my dealer intends to check.Any help would be appreciated and Im sure there are plenty here will be in the same boat shortly.

I've a 06 MY TDV6 S 7 seater , frills as per my signature below , thanks , DW

Post #21450512th Oct 2007 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Is your warranty only 100k klm??
That's not so good.
We got 3 years unlimited mileage in UK mainland.
Mines on 86k miles, so will hit around 100k miles by end Jan.
That's a fair bit of difference!
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #21451512th Oct 2007 10:03 am
Wex

Yep fraid so Ron , 100 k 's Klms.I wrote to LR Ireland afew weeks back complaining about a repetetive fault with my EPB ( join the club I hear you say) insisting that it be covered outside of warranty.They wrote back saying that my mind should be at ease as theres is a " Goodwill Policy" in place to cater for such eventualities.I have since replied asking for the terms and conditions of said policy , in writing.I dont anticipate or expect a reply.
In the same letter I asked as to why , in the Republic of Ireland in comparison to the UK , we have such a big difference in warranty duration.The didn't even acknowledge my question.Am I surprised , ? , No.

I think , because LR is essentially a British home brand , they are keen to keep as so , offering a superior warranty period to the Japs , enticeing , boosting UK sales? .I presume Mitz , Nissan , Toy etc haven't as good a warranty in the UK ?Someone should take them up on this ( from Ireland I mean ) as it must contravene European tradelaws or something or other.Unfortuneately Ireland , Europe , Aus etc are stuck with a $hitty warranty period.

Post #21453712th Oct 2007 12:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamo

Australia 

Check your front diff. I got mine replaced at 98500km due to weeping.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #21455212th Oct 2007 1:15 pm
Baggy

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Jamo.....yours or the diff's?

Very Happy ...........sorry
 '11 TDV6 - Stornoway Grey.... still lovin' it!!

REDUCE GREENHOUSE GASSES.......Eat more BEEF!!
Addendum: Red wine goes REALLY well with BEEF 

Post #21456012th Oct 2007 1:44 pm
Wex

bump

Post #21617417th Oct 2007 7:07 pm
Ecosse

Extended Warranty

On a slightly different point, LR also offer a year 4 & year 5 warranty extension. Anyone investigated this, got costs or indeed any dealers offering Disco3 members deals on this extension? Wink , as I am sure there must now be a number of D3's heading to 3 years old.

Post #21807725th Oct 2007 12:28 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I'd be interested in this. I had some experience with 3rd party warranties a while back on a D2, and many of the LR specific mechanics obviously weren't mentioned. I'd be interested to see what a genuine LR one (rather than a dealer/3rd party one) covered.
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #21807925th Oct 2007 12:37 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

If your MOT happens to be due around the time of expiration, I'd get this done whilst the warranty is still there.

ie, my D3 will be 3 yrs old end Jan 08, I therefore plan to get it MOT'd in the 2nd/3rd week of Jan.
Any major issues for MOT failure should then still be covered by Warranty.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #21808125th Oct 2007 12:46 pm
Wex

Ecosse ,No extended warranty for Irish users Evil or Very Mad

Ron , my MOT ( called DOE over here) wont be due until well after warranty expiration.

Seems like we ( and probably all European users) get the extremely $hitty end of the $hitty stick on all counts Evil or Very Mad

Post #21818025th Oct 2007 6:07 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I'll be keeping my LR past the warranty period !!

While I haven't had that many issues, I've still had my fair share, as had Mrs Zebedee with her FL2. It's certainly a great comfort to be able drop your LR into the dealer to have these, sometimes repetitive issues resolved.

So thinking about it, I'd be wary of having my LR after the 3 years.

As a footnote, I wonder perhaps if the reason we here in Ireland don’t get the unlimited mileage on our warranties, is due to the state of our roads. LR could be looking at it & considering the damage that can be done to a vehicle in 100K driving on the Irish roads.

Just a thought………

Post #21819425th Oct 2007 6:59 pm
Wex

Quote:
As a footnote, I wonder perhaps if the reason we here in Ireland don’t get the unlimited mileage on our warranties, is due to the state of our roads. LR could be looking at it & considering the damage that can be done to a vehicle in 100K driving on the Irish roads.

Zeb , I don't think Irish roads are all that bad in fairness are are improving greatly.Aren't LR's supposed to beat all 4 X 4's hands down , surely a few uneven roads wouldn't cause them concern.

I wrote to LR Ire a while back and asked an explanation of the issues mentioned above and insisting that a current ongoing repetitive fault that my car has, be honoured apres-warranty.They replied that I shouldnt have any concern as they had been in contact with my dealer and (LR Ire ) were confident that the fault was remedied.They also stated that Land Rover Ireland have a Question "Goodwill Policy" Question that would cater for issues that come tofore after warranty expiration.
I have since written back and asked that they outline their Goodwill Policy and list excactly what it covers.Needless to say they failed to answer my original query vis-a-vis European Warranty V UK Warranty. Rolling Eyes

Post #21825825th Oct 2007 9:58 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

asked my local dealer last week for terms / costs for extended warranty.

They gave me the Extended Warranty Policy Options Summary and the Retail Customer price list.

"Approved" is £1093 excluding LRA or £1256 including LRA for "another" 12 months,

"Select" its £871 excluding or £1034 including.

or just the Powertrain at £613 excluding or £776 including.

Approved = Warranty Link Cover, Cars up to 5 years old and 60k miles

Select = Named Component Cover, cars up to 7 years old and 100k miles

Theres a few "it does not cover bits" which clearly WOULD be covered in the initial 3 years though..

Theres a customer service number in the blurb - 0870 752 7055
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #21827626th Oct 2007 12:08 am
zebadee

Ireland 

Discowex wrote:
Zeb , I don't think Irish roads are all that bad in fairness are are improving greatly.Aren't LR's supposed to beat all 4 X 4's hands down , surely a few uneven roads wouldn't cause them concern.

Yeah I guess your right there DW

Discowex wrote:
.......European Warranty V UK Warranty.....

I hadn't realised that it was a Europe wide poclicy. I just thought it was another case where we were being shafted here again, as is often the case Rolling Eyes

Discowex wrote:
..........They also stated that Land Rover Ireland have a Question "Goodwill Policy" Question that would cater for issues that come tofore after warranty expiration.

That's given me a chuckle anyway Laughing

I wonder where their "Goodwill Policy" was when they refused point blank to fix the "Peeling Dash Issue" on the '95 / '96 TDi Discos ??? Evil or Very Mad

Post #21842126th Oct 2007 12:38 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Zebadee wrote:
I wonder where their "Goodwill Policy" was when they refused point blank to fix the "Peeling Dash Issue" on the '95 / '96 TDi Discos ??? Evil or Very Mad

...probably got washed away in the torrent of water from one of the roof/window/sunroof/alpine window leaks Rolling Eyes
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #21847626th Oct 2007 4:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >