DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Ignition Startup Failure - Help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
k1w1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Ignition Startup Failure - Help!

Hi all,

I've had the same problem on two mornings, 4 days apart. On both occasions the 'solution' was the same, but it's a pain in the backside. The days in-between were fine - car started normally.

Turn on ignition to wait for 'bong'/glowplugs to warm etc, but all hell breaks loose. I get an 'E' on the message centre and all manner of errors (transmission, special programs, engine mgmt) - the works. Car drops to access height. All systems fail to start and the dash lights remain on. Engine will not start. Serious problem.

Switch off, get out, lock car & wait 3 mins. Try again.

This time the 'E' is replaced with 'F'. Dash lights mostly go out, but still some errors remain - transmission etc. Car now able to start.

Allow car to warm up a bit, then reset again. Now it boots up normally - no errors - all ok.

Questions:

Why is it fine for days, then decides to fail? (this is my first real problem)

If I get these errors, do I need to get LRA to plug in and download the error log while the error is there, or can they access the log after I've reset the system (say, the next day when all seems well).

Anyone else experience this sort of intermittent electrical failure, and if so, how was it solved?

What really annoys me is that this just had to occur at the exact week when we have family over from abroad and need to use all 7 seats! Not a great advert for LR with me ranting & cursing, and the negative experience will now go back home with my rellies. Now I know exactly how bad publicity and reputations spread.

Jan 2005 HSE TDV6 Auto, with 27000 miles.

Thanks guys.

Post #521315th Apr 2006 10:04 am
lr1

United Kingdom 

All is definately not well, take straight to dealer before it fails to start at all.

Sounds like a loose or damp connection.

D.

Post #521625th Apr 2006 1:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >