DISCO3.CO.UK > General

I think I have been patient enough - Comments please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Aprisa

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
I think I have been patient enough - Comments please

I have posted about this before but it is still ongoing so:-

I had a problem with my Disco 3 after its 30K service last November, it was making a sound like a steam train on acceleration and had a noticeable hesitation as well. Notified the dealer immediately and they asked me to bring it in two days later, the workshop guy noticed the problem without even having to drive off the forecourt and they reckoned after a quick poke around that the turbo had gone. Car was booked in for two weeks after when they reckoned they would have a turbo.

Took car in first week of Dec and it was booked for five days so had a Focus courtesy car booked on my insurance:-

I was called at the end of the week to say that they could not get a turbo and would call when they had a date!

Just before Xmas I explained that I needed a bigger car as I was going away, they eventually got me a car through Land Rover assist (enterprise) and I went off with a base spec Disco 3.

In Jan I was called to say the car was ready, went over (20 miles) to find the car was exactly as before with no change, went through it again with workshop and they agreed it was so. Other disco had gone back so got given a Manual Base spec Disco 3. They reckon it is now the turbo pipes and they are on back order so no date yet. Also the car was filthy on arrival.

Called dealer principal to complain and was assured it would now get his personal attention and all would be well.

Meantime called Enterprise and said that I wanted a car with a phone kit (as mine had) as it would be a fixed penalty soon if caught etc, they gave me a HSE Disco 3 same as mine but newer,

Late Feb I was called to say it was fixed, went over again but this time told Enterprise I would not give them the car back until I had tested mine, good job as it was still the same even though I was promised it would be road tested by Manager. Hit the roof threw keys at service recep and drove off in Hire car.

Got a call a week later to say they thought it was the injectors and it would be a couple of weeks.

Last week I had a job in Cannes so was away all week but Land-Rover customer services phoned top say they had copies of my letters of complaint and would deal with it when my car was fixed which should be today.

No call as yet so it looks like it is not the injectors either.

Here's the question, what do I hold out for? I have said I do not want the car back as I have lost all faith in both the dealer and Land-Rover, it is 18 months old and has 18 months warranty left. The dealer has said they will be looking at a "Compensation Package" but I want to tell them to stuff it.

Any Ideas?

Nick
 2005 TD6 HSE Java/Alpacca
Nearly always covered in Horse/Cow-sh*t 

Post #14091820th Mar 2007 9:58 am
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

SERIOUS DEALER FAILURE....you need a new dealer who does what they say they will do

I had a similar experience with a D1 bought new in 1993......2 gearboxes, new interior (leaks) new loom etc all within 9 months...dealer...worse than useless, spoke with high level guy in LR and they effectively bought back the car...dealer (gaulds) lost the franchise soon after but replaced with, the even worse, shields

now deal with Lakeland....ok 150 miles away but superb so far

sounds like yours has a problem which the incompetent dealer cannot find.....have it fixed properly and try and put this behind you (after getting a reasonable compensation package)
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #14091920th Mar 2007 10:12 am
Aprisa

Yes, the Dealer has been truly incompetant but, Landrover took six weeks to supply a turbo, three weeks to supply the pipes and three weeks to supply injectors. To me that is also unacceptable even though the parts where not even needed!

Nick

Post #14092020th Mar 2007 10:21 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Nick.

Sorry to hear your pain... would say you have been very patient.

As DD says, I would suggest dealer failure.

Have LRCS been involved ? They may be able to recommend a suitable experienced dealer to get this problem sorted once and for all.

Personally (and a number of others here that use them and have started using them) I can recommend Shukers in Ludlow and also JV Like. Both are VERY good dealers and seem to be able to sort things out that many fail to do.

At Shukers ask to speak to Mick who is the Service Manager.

I would go through LRCS though as you may open yourself up to not being able to claim compensation (or the like) if you change yourself. Also you will have a LR agreed route to a solution.

Both Shukers and JV Like are not too far away from you and LRA should be able to transport your D3 to them.

Worth a shot as it sound like you want to stay with the D3 and for most its been the best vehicle we have owned very rarely missing a beat.

Keep us posted,

Simon

Post #14092120th Mar 2007 10:22 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I'd have to agree with Simon, just to bullet point actions.

1) Get LRCS to move the car to a more competent Dealer (If you use JV Likes, AndrewS has some influence with them I believe Smile )
2) Aim for Free extended warranty for additional Year (should give you greater peace of mind) (LR wty, not dealer specific warranty)
3) Monetary compensation for wasted journeys made and your trepidation/stress at being concerned about driving something that will breakdown
4) Exchange for a newer car same spec
4a) Don't lose faith, sounds like the dealer being a shmuck!
5) when all done, TELL US WHO THE DEALER IS!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #14092720th Mar 2007 11:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Agree Totally.....elevate to LRCS, NAME & SHAME your dopey dealer

but above all, don't lose the faith....one bad car but still a fantastic vehicle
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #14093120th Mar 2007 11:26 am
Aprisa

I have been dealing with LRCS most of the way through, they are now the ones phoning me to tell me what they think is wrong. Landrover technical have looked at the car and according to the Dealer Principal they have "never heard a noise like it before"!

The dealer is Stratstone Solihull so not a small concern.

Just phoned LRCS again to see what is the state of play as they promised a call yesterday, he said he had a couple of days off and would get an update and phone me back in a while.

I'll not hold my breath!

Nick

Post #14093720th Mar 2007 11:43 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Oh you mean $trat$tone
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #14094020th Mar 2007 11:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Aprisa

Just had the call back and it seems that it was not the injectors either and they are working with the tech dept to see what they should change next!

I said that I had mailed the dealer to say that last Friday was my cut-off date for a repair and since that has not been done I did not want the car and what would they do about it?

I await LRCS reply.

Nick

Post #14096220th Mar 2007 12:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >