Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Should I or shouldn't I - Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Steve B

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Should I or shouldn't I - Warranty

My Disco 3 which i have nearly had for a year is coming up for renewal of the Landrover warranty as the one given when I bought it 2nd hand is expiring.

They are quoting £785 for it but I note that there is that clause of "wear and tear" in there which makes me concerned.

My disco is 4 years old with 35k on the clock and is a manual. I do around 12k miles per year mainly local on road driving.

I have had a few issues over thisn year namely :

1) Tailgate stuck - repaired under warranty

2) Burning smell from clutch ( yes it is within vin range) - would not repair under warranty claiming it would be that famous wear and tear clause

3) Trim on sidestep fell off - Ignored by dealer so I fixed myself.

My question is, given my experience, whether it is actually worth the warranty as any issues with the clutch will not be covered, I suspect that any issues on suspension will fall under the W&T clause as will any turbo issues.

Views from the forum would be appreciated as I have about a month to go before finally taking the plunge

Thanks

Steve

Post #75959210th Feb 2011 12:49 pm
Snowy

England 

Look at external warranties like Warranty Direct. Their LuxuryCare warranty includes wear and tear (not sure that would include the clutch, but does include suspension, turbo etc). Only hassle with it is if the claim is over £500 then an engineer has to come and inspect, which will delay fixing, especially if they send the engineer to the wrong address 200 miles away Whistle

2nd year with them, I paid £620 Thumbs Up
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #75959710th Feb 2011 1:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CFB

United Kingdom 

Had one of mine covered with 'Warrantywise' much cheaper than LR and covered more too Thumbs Up
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #75960910th Feb 2011 1:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
packingstrips

Turbo's are covered under the Land Rover extended warranty (carcare plan) clutchs are a grey area...but they are with the normal factory warranty.

With CCP you get the option of Land Rover Assistance and £750 of MOT repairs if you should have a failure, you will pay £50 excess for an mot claim but not for a normal policy claim. The approved policy does cover suspension items but off the top of my head cant remember what....i have however raised many a claim for suspension repairs with CCP for suspension components....they will even pay for alignment.

I guess you need to shop around and do some homework Thumbs Up

Post #75961910th Feb 2011 2:18 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Car Care Plan are £400 a yr for Disco 3 cars under 5yrs old through the CSMA website offer Wink They do one for 5 - 10yrs which I think is £100 more.

Just click on get a quote, then on the rght side you will see their full policy details and a summary Wink BUT they have NO wear and tear like WD do.

http://www.csmaclub.co.uk/shop/carshop/carwarranty

Post #75962310th Feb 2011 2:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >