DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Am I a mentalist??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
disconewbie79

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Am I a mentalist??

Hi Guys
I am pretty new to the discovery scene and have an 05 plate vehicle. It is totally different to anything else I have ever driven and so I am not sure what is normal and what is not. I put up with the majority of bumps and knocks as I drive along but tonight driving home along a twisty road I went round a right hand corner at speed and the car seemed to let out what could only be described as a loud fart noise. The front end particularly the left side seemed to dip. No alarms, no lights nothing else seemed to be happening out of the norm ( for my car). I got home and tested the air suspension by putting it through the various ride heights which it did fine although there did seem to be some strange noise coming from the rear of the car ( compressor?). i have driven the car since and it seems fine but I still can't decide if there is an issue or not...some thing doesnt seem right but I can't see anything.....any ideas before I go to a garage and come across as a clueless mentalist? cheers Embarassed

Post #78539612th Apr 2011 10:47 pm
disconewbie79

ps I do have a warranty but I only got it yesterday and suspect the warranty company will think I am pulling a fast one if I call them the day after I got it!!! Big Cry

Post #78539812th Apr 2011 10:48 pm
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

If it got you home and no warning lights were on then happy days!!!

Also if you cycled through the suspension with no lights then it seems alls well.

The Fart you heard could have been it self levelling to try and keep it's vast bulk level during a sharp bend.

Smile and be happy!!

Dave
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail [email protected] 

Post #78540012th Apr 2011 10:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

It was probably the DSC (dynamic stability control) cutting in if you were driving quickly round a bend. It could be cutting in early because of a low tyre pressure, or a faulty steering sensor, or faulty wheel speed sensor.

It is usually accompanied with a yellow warning light whilst it is operating, and the noise you heard could have been the abs pump which cuts in when the DSC operates.

Check tyres first before panicking to the dealer Thumbs Up

Post #78540212th Apr 2011 11:04 pm
disconewbie79

Thanks guys for the quick response! I have checked all tyre pressures and all seems well. Laughing I feel a bit daft but am just twitchy after having 3 separate things go wrong in 3 months but from what I read on this site, that's not too bad Mr. Green

Post #78540412th Apr 2011 11:11 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Try a quiet road at 30mph. Once you're sure there's nobody around, do a violent side-to-side on the steering wheel, as if swerving around your mother-in-law, but actually steering around the obstacle instead of driving over it.

If the sound and sensation is the same, it's the DSC. If not, take your mother-in-law for a spin and sabotage her seatbelt. Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #78540712th Apr 2011 11:27 pm
Chicken Duck

Vatican 

@Nodosh Razz . Have you ever thought about writing for a newspaper or mag? Brilliant mate i love reading some of your stuff on here makes me Rolling with laughter

Post #78547913th Apr 2011 10:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >