Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Here I am In Moab on an " off roading vacation"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
overload

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Manual Zambezi SilverLR3
Here I am In Moab on an " off roading vacation"

Sitting in in the thrifty rent a car office waiting for them to get a car back and the clerk to show up.
The Rover performed great, at first.... I took it over lion's back, little lion's back, porcupine rim, seven mile rim, Hurrah pass and the hard section of lockart basin. then it had a major suspension failure 12 miles into horse canyon. Yep almost a worst case senario, 105 degrees f and 12 miles of deep sand dry wash to the nearest pavement, and something like 50 miles to cell phone coverage.

I managed to get it out and back to moab and arranged to have it towed more than 150 miles to the nearest dealer. land Rover agreed to pay for a car rental and I reserved a durango but a girl that stopped by on her day off said this car doesn't exist. Now I am siting here typing this on their computer as there is no one here, just a note that they will be back soon. This vacation is going down hill fast.

Post #7478731st Jul 2006 5:56 pm
LR3invancouver

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

I did some Moab in my LR3 last September. I was beautiful terrain! Stayed at Red Cliffs and wheeled witrh Bill Burke. . Didn't have any problems asside from ripping off some plastic parts and denting up my rockers. What exactly went wrong with your suspension and what were you attempting when it happened?

Post #7490431st Jul 2006 9:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
overload

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Manual Zambezi SilverLR3

The dealer said an air line overheated and blew. The replacement is more robust than the original and, according to the dealer, should eliminate the problem.
thge attendant finally showed up at Thrifty and I ended up renting several cars to meet up with my lr3 in Glenwood Springs Colorado and headed home to Maine. I had to cancle the Colorado offroading portion of the trip. Evil or Very Mad

Post #7864715th Aug 2006 9:03 pm
JakobVels

Denmark 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

overload wrote:
... I had to cancle the Colorado offroading portion of the trip. Evil or Very Mad

At least you have an excuse to go back soon. Very Happy

Wife and me was in Moab in 2004, but no serious offroading as we went in a rented Ford Explorer.
sadly not going back any time soon as we're from Denmark. Confused

Cheers
Jakob

Post #7879616th Aug 2006 9:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >