DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Hunters Brock Preston
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Glassman
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Hunters Brock Preston

Funny experience today at this dealership, went in with Mrs to get a part for my D3 and thought let's take a look at the new D5, so we enter the showroom, the only customers in the place, to be ignored by all three salesmen in there... Now I'm assuming it was the fact that we pulled up in a 2005 D3, even though we bought it from them over 11years ago plus as it was my day off I was in jeans and t shirt, Mrs the same, or maybe as we sat in the seats admiring what looks like a lovely car, perhaps my hair was out of place? No wait, I'm nearly bald so it couldn't have been that...

Anyways sarcasm aside, made us feel totally second class, horrible experience, actually made me feel quite angry as Mrs is really warming to a change of car too and likes the Evoque as a possible second car and no way we were going to chase a salesman around the showroom begging for his time, absolutely no way

Now here's the funny bit Hunters, I will definitely be getting either a D5 or RRS in the very near future, but it won't be from you, I might even drop in to let you have a look at the sale you could have had and how perhaps it's not a good idea to pre judge people.

Post #18119986th May 2017 9:15 pm
mechtrev

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

we once had a similar experience at a Reno dealership, was looking for a change of vehicle for SWMBO
was talking to salesman as he was going through his speel and we mentioned the Megan Cabriolet in showroom, was a used one nearly new anyway when we were sat in it he said that we couldn't afford it. cheeky Censored .
Red rag to a bull that.
4 weeks later we went to see if parts dept was open on a Sat afternoon when we knew damn well they weren't and we'd have to speak to said salesman, guess what we were driving, yep a megan cabriolet newer than the one in their showroom lol

Post #18120106th May 2017 10:09 pm
Aguesty1

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I've had the same experience here Glassman!

Best one I have was when I was with my uncle. Went to the Toyota garage straight after work in a LDV tipper, both joiners by trade. My uncle had seen a car online, transferred his cash to his bank account and only wanted to have a quick look and a test drive of a nearly new Land Cruiser.

The looks we got were frightening, we had changed to an extent so we're clean but we were greeted by a salesman who proceeded to say he didn't want any tarmacing done today. We asked for a test drive and was told that it would have to be at the end of the month. Basically his money wasn't good enough.

So we just said thank you remaining polite and went to the next town along, polar opposite, polite, courteous and happy to help. Paid in full and picked it up the next day.

On the way back my uncle rang the first dealer to see if he sales chap was in and went to show him his shiining new car!

There's some Censored in the world. The reality is that the sales staff would probably struggle to afford anything like!
 2010 D4 GS
2016 V40 D4 (daily eco hack) 

Post #18120417th May 2017 6:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >