Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

HSE no longer remembers bluetooth pairing.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
lroboy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3
HSE no longer remembers bluetooth pairing.

05 HSE with built in Bluetooth, used to remember pairing. Unfortunately had to send my handset back for repair and was loaned a replacement. Since then my original phone now I have it back will prompt for pin every time I enter the vehicle. Really annoying as it never asked after the first time it was paired up over a year ago. I read somewhere that you can pair up to 8 handsets and that only the first pairing ( primary connection ) will remember authentication, all others are treated as guests. I guess I need to reset all bluetooth pairings?.

Do es anybody know how to clear historical pairings?

Help it is driving me mad!!!
 land Rover defender 110 ( 1983 )
Freelander TD4
Discovery 3 ( engine remap, extra 45bhp, pulls like a train!!)
www.landroverboy.co.uk 

Post #42217215th Feb 2009 12:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The system doesn't remember any exclusively ...just the last 10 paired connections Wink ....odds on it's your phone not the LR Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #42217715th Feb 2009 12:33 am
741hcr

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Have you tried deleting the LR pairing from your phone then going through the pairing process again. It worked for me. Also, my phone sometimes does not see the LR so I switch the phone off & on again and it then works.

Post #42220615th Feb 2009 8:58 am
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

What phone are you using?

I have exactly the same problem with my MY05 HSE with retrofitted BT unit. I'm using a Nokia N95.

My (phone) dealer told me that Nokia is known for issues with BT driver that can cause this.

edit: tried it all:
- deleted and re-paired
- not setting to automatically connect, then setting that later
- not authorise from start, setting that later
- dealer even reprogrammed BT unit.

I'm waiting to try it out with my father's phone. He also has a retrofit BT unit and uses an N95 and has no problem pairing. So I'll be trying his phone on my car to see if the car or the phone is the problem.

Iroboy, judging from your story my phone will cause the problem (well, at least I hope) as your car is still the same. My Nokia so far has never worked correctly with the car.

I'll post the results here and maybe you'll benefit from it.

regards,

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #42220715th Feb 2009 9:06 am
lroboy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

Thanks for the speedy replies, day 2 and I think this site will be very useful moving forward. Thank you to all who have responded.

The handset is an 02 XDA Orbit 2 which still works faultlessly in my wifes Freelander TD4 with a retro fitted parrot CK3200. I am reasonably comfortable it is the car otherwise I would expect problems in her vehicle as well.

I guess my next step is to disconnect the battery from the vehicle and see if that helps.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.
 land Rover defender 110 ( 1983 )
Freelander TD4
Discovery 3 ( engine remap, extra 45bhp, pulls like a train!!)
www.landroverboy.co.uk 

Post #42223215th Feb 2009 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I had the same problem when I paired my blackberry and nokia phone. On both occasions (as DG says) it was the setting in the phones and not the LR bluetooth.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #42223315th Feb 2009 10:52 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The easiest way to tell is to try different phones in the D3 Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #42224415th Feb 2009 11:16 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
agreed...

DG wrote:
The system doesn't remember any exclusively ...just the last 10 paired connections ....odds on it's your phone not the LR

My B'Berry alternates between not pairing & pairing......despite setting up lines of code in the B'Berry
My El Cheapo Nokia work phone works every time

Same phones different car - Jag with Parrot system - works every time
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #42224715th Feb 2009 11:25 am
wvlenthe

The Parrot kits are wonderful. They are just flawless.
Unfortunately, the LR BT kits are not. I was warned for this by the dealer when ordering the retrofit.

It still can well be a firmware update on the xda that causes this.

I'd be happy to see if resetting the car will solve your problem, in that case I'm going to do the same to see if that fixes the prob with my Nokia as well.

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #42229015th Feb 2009 1:23 pm
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I would check the security setting on my device (there should be something along the lines of "always trust this device (the D3)". Also bear in mind that any device will revert to it's original BT settings after a service (where they usually do a firmware update as a matter of course) and hence would justify a loss of connection.

Have successfully paired a N95, BBRY Curve, SE P900, SE P1, HTC Touch Cruise and all remember the car (and the car remembers them). One thing to note is that with the HTC there is a snag in that you have to start the car first and then turn on BT on the device.

Hope this helps somehow Thumbs Up

Post #42292216th Feb 2009 12:19 pm
wvlenthe

update:

As described above both my dad and me use a Nokia N95 with the retrofitted BT unit on our D3's.
My dad's works fine and automatically connects to the car without asking for a code whereas mine asks me to key in a code for the connection every time. So we tested a bit last weekend.

First my dad's N95 on my D3. This phone which normally works fine all of a sudden also asks for the code every time I want to connect.
Then my N95 to dad's D3... connects automatically where it normally does not.

My conclusion is that it is the car (BT unit) that is faulty, not the phone.

So now back to the dealer with this story. Will post result here.

@Iroboy did you get it fixed by resetting the car?

regards,

Wiljo
Post #42823324th Feb 2009 8:54 pm
TheOneAndOnlyNikolaus

Austria 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
just an idea

Did I get that correct that the problem started when your mobile was exchanged? Had a problem with my Blackberry and a replacement (with same firmware). Did ask for the code or not connect at all.
Here is how I finally soved it:

1.) changed the mobile bluethooth name (guessing that the car BT might save the name & MAC address in a authorisation list

2.) created the BT connection and switched to "trusted"

3.) did not work and got frustrated Big Cry

4.) found a forum entry somewhere to pull the battery of the Blackberry

5.) pulled the battery and became a happy BT user ever since

Good Luck!

Post #44405125th Mar 2009 4:31 pm
wvlenthe

update 2

Had the car in today for various warranty stuff.

Dealer says the BT box is probably faulty, they say they have *a few* D3 driving around doing fine but 90% (!!!) of the boxed give them problems and headaches, they can't get them to function properly. I told them the unit is now discontinued. They told *me* I'm very well-informed Laughing .

I now have two options:
Leaving it as it is, live with manually pairing BT everytime I get in but using steering wheel controls

Installing another aftermarket BT unit, probably Parrot, and live with non-integrated device as dealer says the Parrot cannot be connected to the steering wheel buttons.

Problem is that I don't like to have the loose Parot thingie screen around in my car, plus I don't get to use the buttons I have... but now I have a half-broken device in my car that doesn't do what it was designed for.

So...

Does anybody know if anywhere soon there is going to be a replacement from Landrover (TLO maybe?) which can be fitted to work with existing cars?

And...
if not, what to do?

regards,

Wiljo
Post #44700230th Mar 2009 7:39 pm
C42

2007 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Hi Wiljo

I am looking for a Parrot BT kit for my 2007 D3 with HK sound system; I was told on Friday that I could have a kit that would work from my existing steering wheel buttons but the only one that will work is the basic unit with no screen.

Regards
John

Post #4495794th Apr 2009 10:13 pm
wvlenthe

Hi John,

That's interesting as with no screen en wheel button control, there are no parts of the Parrot in sight then? I'd hate loose stuff around my cabin.

Situation here is I kinda decided to have the dealer change the module that does the voice recog. and live with manually pairing my phone for now. I'll wait a bit to see if LR comes up with a new part... they can't be taken serious if they tell all people with this problem that the box is sold out and there will be no alternative, right?

Please let me know how your Parrot install turns out, it's a good option if nothing visible

regards,

Wiljo
Post #4497965th Apr 2009 8:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >