Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Why HSE?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
pdes

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Why HSE?

After a couple of weeks of research, I ordered an SE at the weekend. I decided that the £5k ish of extra dosh for a glass roof and an enhanced GPS was not a good use of money (for me). However, on skimming through these forums, it seems the vast majority of members have HSEs. So, have I missed something? Is the extra £5K REALLY worth it?

Post #11966815th Jan 2007 9:59 am
Tommyknocker

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Why HSE

Depends on your viewpoint. I like the glass roof and the Premium sound plus you get better wheels etc. All in all the SE does the job but some of us like the toys.
 06 Bonatti Grey HSE, Ebony Interior with Privacy Glass & Rubbing Strips.  
Post #11967015th Jan 2007 10:15 am
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

discounts on hse are bigger, auto is included,metallic paint included, harman logic 7 included, alpine roof included, premium nav included, adaptive lights included, rear aircon included etc etc & resale prefers hi-spec rather than optioned -up cars

so, infact, once dealer discounts are taken into consideration AND YOU WANT ALL THE TOYS , HSE is the better value
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #11967115th Jan 2007 10:16 am
pdes

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Doctor Diesel wrote:
auto is included,metallic paint included, harman logic 7 included, alpine roof included, premium nav included, adaptive lights included, rear aircon included

When you put it like that............. Shocked

I believe the 2007 has the upgraded ICE.

Cheers

Post #11967415th Jan 2007 10:37 am
SN

Auto is basically a 2 grand option - makes that difference of 3 grand look less big Wink
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #11968615th Jan 2007 11:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Have to say, the logic 7 system is just fantastic,

if funds will stretch, its an hse all the way, however, if not, all the d3 flavours are fantastic!
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #11968915th Jan 2007 11:24 am
JMC

Scotland 

Having had the SE for nearly a year, and now looking at a second D3, the HSE would seem to be the way to go. However, I wasn't too keen on the glass roof and you can't remove it from the HSE.

A few of the items 'might be nice to have' in the list of extras on the HSE, but upon reflection, I persoanlly will be sticking with the SE next time. To be honest, I think it stikes the balance between having all the kit you want, without all the extra bits to go wrong. Shocked

Anybody without an HSE ever had rain-water inside the car???

Post #11969015th Jan 2007 11:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

For me, it was easier to get a "massive" discount on an HSE. With hindsight, the adjustment on the HSE seats make them so much more comfortable (for me anyway), the "stereo" is superb, there is more headroom in an HSE (odd one that, as sunroofs traditional take up at least an inch of headroom). Relevant to me as I'm 6ft7".
It's nice to have a sunroof, found that I used it quite a lot last summer. The rear A/C is good, rear passengers often set the temperature higher than I have it & in the summer cools it quicker.
Having driven both, I would never have a manual D3.
Also, was told that it would be easier to re-sell.
P.S Could easily live without it, but I like the PTI.

Post #11975715th Jan 2007 2:55 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

'Anybody without an HSE ever had rain-water inside the car??? '
Yes- me

Agree with all the comments, including the Auto box being a no cost option. So was the full rear size spare tyre (2006) and having seen the strange looking 'space saver' item in action, I would always go fo the full size option. 8) Once you have had all the LR toys it would be more diffcult to live without them.....
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #11977015th Jan 2007 3:16 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

LT wrote:
For me, it was easier to get a "massive" discount on an HSE.

This was my reasoning for HSE too, as well as needing all the help I can get when it comes to selling on.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #11977315th Jan 2007 3:20 pm
JMC

Scotland 

LT wrote:
the adjustment on the HSE seats make them so much more comfortable

I'm not aware of the HSE seats being any different to those on the SE Confused
LT wrote:
there is more headroom in an HSE

Shocked Really Shocked
LT wrote:
I would never have a manual D3.

Got to agree here - I've never driven a manual one, and despite the fact that I don't normally like auto boxes, I can't see the need for a manual D3 Wink
LT wrote:
Could easily live without it, but I like the PTI.

Strangely enough, this is the only item I'm missing from my SE that I will definately spec the next time. Horses for courses then Wink

Post #11979115th Jan 2007 4:08 pm
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I chose the SE because I could live without the auto,sunroof,logic 7 and off road navigation. The price difference was still the large end of 5k when both specs were discounted.
I however I couldn't live without - xenons, leather, full size spare - all of which were standard on my 2005 SE - the Harmon Kardon is also nice and the sat nav convenient.
The current SE without xenons is a big minus in my book and with hindsight an autobox is a plus.

I still think the SE is a good packege but when you have to add xenons and auto it is definately a no no!
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #11979215th Jan 2007 4:09 pm
JMC

Scotland 

My SE was also equipped with Xenon's as standard as it got out of the factory as an 06MY before the standard spec was changed. I reckon I got the best of both worlds as I have a full size spare and a fridge too (not that I use it much) and this was one of the things that replaced the Xenon's on the later 06MY SE. Have to agree with Andy4467 that the SE stereo isn't lacking anything either.

Post #11979815th Jan 2007 4:31 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

JMC wrote:
LT wrote:
the adjustment on the HSE seats make them so much more comfortable

I'm not aware of the HSE seats being any different to those on the SE Confused
LT wrote:
there is more headroom in an HSE

Shocked Really Shocked
LT wrote:
I would never have a manual D3.

Got to agree here - I've never driven a manual one, and despite the fact that I don't normally like auto boxes, I can't see the need for a manual D3 Wink
LT wrote:
Could easily live without it, but I like the PTI.

Strangely enough, this is the only item I'm missing from my SE that I will definately spec the next time. Horses for courses then Wink

Just looked it up, more headroom with Alpine roof http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Di...nsions.htm

I thought that the last SE I drove didn't have the same range of seat adjustment, specifically the ability to raise/lower the front edge. I could be wrong though. Sure someone will confirm this shortly.

Post #11980115th Jan 2007 4:42 pm
JMC

Scotland 

LT wrote:
Just looked it up, more headroom with Alpine roof

Wow..... 7mm extra for the driver and 30mm for all the passengers at the back. Doubt if that 7mm would make a huge difference to a 6'7" driver but I suppose anything is better than nothing. Wink

I'm still standing by the electric heated seats being the same in the SE / HSE. However, I can confirm that the leather seats option in the S model are very different units.

Post #11980815th Jan 2007 4:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >