Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

Hitch Guidance Yellow Line - Sorted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Quote:
Got the caravan out yesterday and connected it all up. All the lights and electrics working correctly, however the rear sensors do still beep when put in reverse with the caravan connected.

You need to find someone with an IID tool down your way, who can enable everything properly Thumbs Up

Post #18762286th Nov 2017 1:14 pm
Firebod999

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

It’s booked in with Westover Landrover in Christchurch on the 20th where I bought the car and had the tow bar and electrics fitted. They are going to see what they can do to activate the Hitch Guidance, I will also tell them about the rear sensors bleeping when in reverse when the caravan is connected and see what they do. As I have a 2 year Landrover Approved Warranty with the car, if I get someone with a IID tool to unlock the Hitch Guidance is it likely to affect the warranty?

Post #18762996th Nov 2017 4:58 pm
Firebod999

Hitch Guidance Yellow Line Sorted

Following up on my previous thread concerning the Hitch Guidance Yellow Line not being installed on my D4 after having the tow ball and electrics fitted at my local Landrover Main Dealership. Some on here said it couldn’t be done unless the towball and electrics were fitted at the Landrover factory when the car was ordered, or by someone who had a IID tool.
Well I’m pleased to say my D4 went into Westover Landrover in Christchurch today after me insisting that they try and install the Hitch Guidance Line as they didn’t when they installed the Towball and electrics last month. Got a phone call this afternoon saying, yes I was right there is a software update to install it and they were in the process of upddating the software. Picked the car up this evening and Hitch Guidance Yellow Line all installed and working.
So anyone out there who is getting a Towball and Electrics fitted at a main dealer make sure they do the software update for the Hitch Guidance Yellow Line as yes, it can be done.

This post has been merged by the site administration team

Post #188183120th Nov 2017 9:29 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Unless JLR have just recently allowed Dealerships to do this software update then

Shukers Landrover - Ludlow
Pentland Landrover - Edinburgh
Pentland Landrover - Cupar

have all been telling me lies by saying that it couldn't be retro enabled. Sad

Glad to hear that you got it all sorted though Thumbs Up

Post #188198321st Nov 2017 11:37 am
Firebod999

As you say it’s very possible that JLR have only recently allowed this update. Maybe now they have stopped making the D4 they aren’t too bothered about what the dealerships can access and update.

Post #188206221st Nov 2017 3:41 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Hitch Guidance Yellow Line Sorted

Firebod999 wrote:
Following up on my previous thread concerning the Hitch Guidance Yellow Line not being installed on my D4 after having the tow ball and electrics fitted at my local Landrover Main Dealership. Some on here said it couldn’t be done unless the towball and electrics were fitted at the Landrover factory when the car was ordered, or by someone who had a IID tool.
Well I’m pleased to say my D4 went into Westover Landrover in Christchurch today after me insisting that they try and install the Hitch Guidance Line as they didn’t when they installed the Towball and electrics last month. Got a phone call this afternoon saying, yes I was right there is a software update to install it and they were in the process of upddating the software. Picked the car up this evening and Hitch Guidance Yellow Line all installed and working.
So anyone out there who is getting a Towball and Electrics fitted at a main dealer make sure they do the software update for the Hitch Guidance Yellow Line as yes, it can be done.

This post has been merged by the site administration team

They've probably nipped out and bought an Iid tool after reading this post Laughing
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #188207521st Nov 2017 3:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >