DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

High pressure sensor P0192 error
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Speeder2000

Denmark 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
High pressure sensor P0192 error

Hi guys
I have this really annoying problem.. Had an incident where the fuel pressure sensor broke off by the threads while driving (it was only 6 mdr old)

I ordered a new one and fitted it whith no luck of a working engine, it would run and drive in limp. It repported P0192 and some U-codes. Thinking if was an incompatible sensor i ordered 2 new ones with simalar result. One reports P0193 and the other P0192. Shocked

I found some threads issueing LPFP and i tested that… i haven’t tested the pressure yet, but it pumps fuel and draws about 4 amps. (It’s a D3)

Moving on.. I read another thread https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic189489...ight=P0193 with great simularities like mine messuring on the wires to the FPS like described. And found 4,96V on W/G and Y/G both with engine on and pluged in and out.. I have no continuity on thease wires when engine off, meassured from the plug, other than ground wire to battery negative and signal wire between ECU and FPS. The resistance looks a little wird. I can’t remember witch one it is, but it showed over 5k ohms and the other 300 ohm.

Today i started searching for breaks in the wire loom. I didn’t finish it, but i got to the back of the engine from both sides of the wires. And ofcause no luck.. My theory is that the signal wire W/G gets 5V from another place, dont know if that is a long shoot..

I hope you can help… Bow down

Post #229622218th Jun 2022 12:39 pm
Speeder2000

Denmark 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Solution!

Okay.. Since no one replyed i had to move on myself 😊

The problem is found and the car is runing again, and here is the process i went through..

After checking the wires with no result i went on testing the lowpressure fuelpump and changed the fuelfilter. Still the same problem. I then took the bull by the horns and looked at the high pressure fuelpump. I pulled it out and send it to test. The result of that was a defective pump giving too high pressure and it was not responding propperly to the testbench commands.. SO, i tryed to search for a new HPFP, and that should not be a problem. But apparently there is a shortage in the whole world.. finally i found a website in UK, BusinessMind.co.uk having it in stock!! And i ordered it.. And long story short, they took my money and did not send anything. And trying to cancel my order they do not respond anymore.
So i had to find a refubished one. After mounting it and change a leaking injector, i put it all together with VERY high hope that it was fixed…. 😞 no luck… same errorcode and rough engine… and with a new fault on the turbo actuator.

I then took the desission to send it to a land-rover repairshop. And i just picked it up yesterday..
the solution was a new high pressure fuelsensor!! Even though i tried 3!!! new ones! (All different fabricator)
They tried to check the wires aswell, and swapping the ECU to make sure it not was that.. and then they changed the sensor again. And then it was running fine again..

On the way home yesterday i was analysing it a little. I’ve come to the conclution that the HPFP has broken all the new sensors i’ve put on. Aparrently bercause of the too high pressure. I tried all 3 before changing the HPFP.
The used injector i put in was also broken, so that was changed aswell. The turbo actuator had some exercise and works for some time again..

So, finally a happy ending to the 3 months of not having my car running. ❤️😊

Post #23063823rd Sep 2022 8:59 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >