Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

Heya
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bolt911

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Heya

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and since I've order my D4 I thought I'd say hello

I ordered a new D4 HSE with the following options on Sunday from Lookers.

Stornaway Grey with black leather and wood
Privacy Glass
Rear DVD
Heated Steering Wheel

Due April 2010

Thought I'd share a few things I've experienced with the group so far in dealing with LR.

Firstly Lookers have been excellent Thumbs Up (so far), I was badly let down by Guy Salmon in Ascot
as they canceled my test drive with less than 3 hours notice, knowing full well, my wife and I had taken a half days leave to do a back to back comparison with the RR Sport and the D4 (Lookers were able to arrange the test drive on the same day, with very little notice, unlike GS who were unable to arrange test drive at a weekend at all and then canceled when we'd booked one 2 weeks in advance Censored )

Also GS Ascot made both my wife and I feel about as welcome as a fart in a space suit when we arrived at their showroom, not a good thing when someone is potentially spending £50K plus with you IMHO, do they really have that much business they can treat customers like this? Their loss and Lookers gain I guess Laughing (i do hope GS Ascot lurk here) you might gather they really, really Censored me off

But have to say after test driving a Lexus 400h (excellent customer service, but sadly a rather boring car) and the RRS
I think I've made the right decision (tell me I have Wink )

Incidentally I can't really work out why the equivalent RRS is more expensive for less equipment and functionality (does the RR badge really have that much more cache?) the Disco 4 does seem to be good value for money in comparison or have I missed something?.

However I'm still a little worried that I've made the right decision in coming back to LR after our '98 TDi D1 proved none too reliable and a little like an old truck to drive, the noise on the motorway was horrible (not at all like the D4 I test drove)

Are there any things I should look out for going forward, what a peoples experiences like with the D4?
 Bankrupt durch Technik

D4 HSE
'88 911 Targa Sport 

Post #60801522nd Feb 2010 5:32 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Welcome! You've made the right choice!

Post #60805722nd Feb 2010 6:44 pm
steve_farrant

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Bolt

I too had the same experience with Ascot 5 years ago when I bought my D3 from them, swore I would never go there again. Assuming you are talking about Lookers in Park Royal, I too have ordered a D4 from them (HSE, Stornoway, Ebony, Black wood) and have so far been really impressed. Just heard today that it has been built and is on it's way to them. Thumbs Up
I too was worried about LR reliability when I ordered my D3 but it has been brilliant - hence the D4. We seem to have a lot in common don't we?
Depending on where you are in Surrey (I'm there too), Guava Guildford are really good for servicing and warranty work.
I'm sure you will be delighted with the D4, good luck. If you would like to discuss more you can Pm me.

Post #60833923rd Feb 2010 12:19 am
cte

Wales 

Hi Bolt,
I know exactly how you feel as we made a similar decision a few weeks ago to order and you naturally have some 'wobbles' after questioning your decision ( that was actually the salesman's words when I called in a few days after ordering). We had over three years of D3 ownership beforehand and even though I'd has some annoying issues at the end we decided that nothing else available matched the capabilty of D4 for what we need.
All the best,
Carwyn

Post #60871123rd Feb 2010 4:35 pm
DerekT

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

To allay any "wobbles" you might have - it is well worth the wait! I have now done 10K and it just keeps getting better. Never been back to the Dealer since I picked it up end of September. Most impressive feature? the accelaration! OK so I had a D2 before for ten years, but put the foot down - second turbo kicks in and your off! Also re the fuel consumption oft mentioned in this forum, doesn't seem to make much difference if you drive really frugally or you just put your foot down and enjoy it. Very Happy

Post #60920824th Feb 2010 10:44 am
Bolt911

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks for the reassurances, I'm sure we have made the right decision but I guess I wouldn't be human if spending 50K on something didn't cause some sort of self belief issues, which I think were exacerbated by my dealings with GS Ascot.

As soon as I have delivery dates etc, I'll let you know.
 Bankrupt durch Technik

D4 HSE
'88 911 Targa Sport 

Post #60923124th Feb 2010 11:32 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Bolt had my D4 for 4 months well pleased you made the right choice Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #60934624th Feb 2010 3:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nigel McBurney

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

hi Went in to Guy Salmon Portsmouth,last week in january wed evening to discuss buying a midrange d4,they had a brand new unregistered HSE in the showroom all £50 k as it had some extras,while waiting my wife asked me was it similar to our old D3 with the bright lights ,her description of xenons,and the other goodies,she liked the stornaway grey and her comment to me was if they give us enough for the x trail well have it I shall pay as I want us to have the HSE ,did a deal did not bother with test drive,ordered a multi hight towbar and departed,collected two days later Friday afternoon.Registerred ,towbar fitted,immaculately prepared in less than 48 hours.and a good price for the nissan x trail.At present could not fault them,my grievance is with Landrover,why .why, why supply as standard a temporary spare tyre to a luxury vehicle which is most likely to be used for serious towing,I wrote to Landrover stating what I thought about the space saver and now have in my possesion a letter from Landrover stating that "the temporary spare wheel cannot be used for towing" As I bought it from the showroom I did not have the opportunity to specify the full size alloy spare but we came to a very satisfactory arrangement with Guy Salmon over the supply of a full size spare, I had only driven it for 100 miles when I had a puncture,first one I had for years,At present cannot fault Guy Salmon at Portsmouth. ps I hope it will be more reliable than our previous D3 which we sold when the warranty run out,lovely vehicle until the suspension went funny.We took a risk buying the d4 but if they are reliable they are the perfect vehicle for our needs,

Post #61155427th Feb 2010 9:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >